Patch features

I see. So the patch for RT is more or less the same as patch 3.10 was for BN. I assumed that much but am now way more certain.

Dunno why devs still haven't released what the patch does. Can't come up with any logical explanation. Mysteryous are god's, erm, Battlefront's ways. ;)

Indeed it is. The fix was originally made in CMBN for the next patch and was then ported over to CMRT for relevant vehicles.

Indeed the Jadgpanther is in RT? Or indeed, it was just an error and cut and pasted into the RT documentation?

Mord.

LOL. I spent like 30 minutes going through the whole RT single vehicle list by month and day, going wth is that thing?! I was pretty sure I hadn't seen it before.

I look forward to all the cool vehicles and OOBs the RT modules are gonna give us.

Mord.

It was not corrected in the patch (that I know of), because I never reported it. Instead, I came to the conclusion that it is probably not a bug.

(...)

To test this idea I tested T-34/85 HE against Panther A (early) at 1000 meters. The penetration % was only slightly above 1%, much lower than the previous results I had with later Panther models. A flat 1% chance of penetration was the means by which weak point penetrations were modeled in CMx1 and could very well be in CMx2. In addition, I continued to see no spalling results, suggesting that the HE penetration was well below the effective armor resistance.

In your test (where penetration chance was 1%) did T-34/85 commanders use both APBC and HE shells, or did they use only APBC and only after there were no APBC left, they started using HE ?

In my tests at 1000m range T-34/85 used both APBC and HE shells (they used HE sometimes while still having APBC available) so I assume some internal game calculations "suggested" them that both shells have similar chance for penetration (?). It was against Panther A early.

Anyway, maybe simply penetration potential of 85mm HE is little to high ? Reducing it a bit then would fix the problem of T-34/85 being capable of one-hit destroying a Panther at 2000m with HE. I have absolutely no problem believing that 122mm HE could mission-kill a Panther cracking it's frontal plate, even causing crew casualites (so basically in game terms, penetrating) but I can HARDLY believe a SINGLE 85mm HE (being really a FRAG shell with only 0.7kg of high explosive) could do it ! (122mm HE contained 3,6kg of HE and lots of momentum).

In your test (where penetration chance was 1%) did T-34/85 commanders use both APBC and HE shells, or did they use only APBC and only after there were no APBC left, they started using HE ?

IIRC They had no APBC because I had run them dry by having them shoot at King Tigers.

In my tests at 1000m range T-34/85 used both APBC and HE shells (they used HE sometimes while still having APBC available) so I assume some internal game calculations "suggested" them that both shells have similar chance for penetration (?). It was against Panther A early.

I have seen that happen when the T-34s have only a few rounds of AP left and the TacAI becomes unreasonably paranoid about using the last bit of it. I have not noticed it at other times. If it is happening when there is plenty of AP left that could indicate a problem.

Anyway, maybe simply penetration potential of 85mm HE is little to high ? Reducing it a bit then would fix the problem of T-34/85 being capable of one-hit destroying a Panther at 2000m with HE.

If they are weak point penetrations the HE penetration value is probably irrelevant.

I have seen that happen when the T-34s have only a few rounds of AP left and the TacAI becomes unreasonably paranoid about using the last bit of it. I have not noticed it at other times. If it is happening when there is plenty of AP left that could indicate a problem.

In my tests T-34/85s started to use HE when they had spent about 1/2 to 2/3 of their initial AP amount. IIRC...