Veteran's Day Article - La Fiere Causeway

I ran across this article about Thomas Blakey with the 82nd at the La Fiere Causeway. He now volunteers at the National WWII Museum in New Orleans.

This was crazy because I was just re-reading about this very battle earlier this morning (on the john). I've also read Robert Murphey's "No better place to die" and even made CMBN campaign based on it. I had no idea one of the participants was living in my home city.

Yes, they've opened a huge new pavilion where they have several planes hanging from the ceiling, including a B-17 and B-25. They have catwalks so you can view the planes from above or eye level. I hope to get back there this December to see the USS Tang submarine experience which is in the same building.

Pak40,

What a great and moving story! Thanks for sharing it with us. It isn't everyday we get to read of PTSD in a WW II veteran. If you can get out to talk to him that would be grand, especially if you brought a recorder. Someone needs to get his oral history--while he's still around. If interested, there are sites which tell the right way to interview a veteran.

Regards,

John Kettler

• 1 month later...

I ran across this article about Thomas Blakey with the 82nd at the La Fiere Causeway. He now volunteers at the National WWII Museum in New Orleans.This was crazy because I was just re-reading about this very battle earlier this morning (on the john). I've also read Robert Murphey's "No better place to die" and even made CMBN campaign based on it. I had no idea one of the participants was living in my home city.

What was your campaign called and where can we download it?