Pause?

In WEGO play, that continuous Pause isn't useful for much except perhaps "pre-programming" some orders that you will then release at a later time (by deleting the pause). This could be useful for giving identical orders to large number of units but then manually staggering their execution over a span longer than 90 seconds.

I use it WEGO when I want a unit to stop what I have plotted for it without having to re-plot the path I have planned for it for it to move out at a later unspecific time.

In real time I will often issue the unlimited pause order first, plot moves, check LOS ect.. then release it for the unit, or units to start the move. Very useful in giving real time play a more WEGO style where you can think more carefully about moves before committing.

I often use it when I have a "good idea" for a unit, plot its evolution, then realise I really need to do something else first to make the idea other-than-boneheaded. Usually I hit the "pause" button (rather than using the pause order), but I'm sure the "indefinite" setting for the order is the same thing.