CMBN decalled King Tiger compilation (Aris & Umlaut)

umlaut

I´ve just uploaded a complete set of CMBN King Tigers

- with historical decals/insignia.

Get them here: http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/5394/details

King Tiger/Porsche turret by Aris (insignia added by Umlaut)

- Schwere-Panzer-Abteilung 503 (Normandy)

- Schwere SS-Panzer-Abteilung 101 (Normandy)

King Tiger/Henschel turret by Umlaut

- Schwere-Panzer-Abteilung 506 (Market-Garden)

15114943174_6679fa88eb_b.jpgKing Tigers

Porsche Turret:

The set of King Tiger Porsche decals mods is identical to Aris´ original set - except for two extra "king-tiger-hull" files:

- "king-tiger-hull 2" bears the insignia of Schwere-Panzer-Abteilung 503

- "king-tiger-hull 3" bears the insignia of Schwere SS-Panzer-Abteilung 101

The file "king-tiger-hull" has no insignia.

All modding on these files is the work of Aris - except the insignias.

As this mod set includes all of Aris´original King Tiger (Porsche) files, you can replace the original with this set.

Henschel turret:

This is the same mods as Umlaut´s King Tiger Henschel Mods for Red Thunder

- except that the King Tigers in this mod set bear the insignia of the 506. Schwere-Panzer-Abteilung which fought in the battles of Operation Market-Garden.

This mod set contains three sets of skins for the King Tiger Henschel:

King Tiger Henschel

- a "normal" dirty version of the KT

Two different sets for when the ground condition in-game is "muddy". You must choose which one to use:

King Tiger Henschel [muddy] Dark

- with d a r k (wet) mud

OR

King Tiger Henschel [muddy] Light

- with l i g h t (dried) mud

The turret files have five different sets of decals.

Beautiful. Thank you.

(I assume one can only use one Tiger turret mod at a time in the game.)

Thanks. :)

As long as the files are numbered sequentially they will all load in game - but randomly. If you only want to use one specific bmp, make sure that it has the lowest number (with CM files that means NO number, as they are named king-tiger-turret, king-tiger-turret 2, king-tiger-turret 3 etc). Then remove the other bmps.

With the current numbering, the hulls of the Porsche KTs will randomly have either no insignia, 101st or 503rd. If for instance you want to play with only 101st tanks, change the name of the bmp file "king-tiger-hull 3" to "king-tiger-hull" - and remove the other versions.

Another option is to mod tag each bmp with for instance [101st] and [503rd] and then mod tag the scenarios you want to use them in accordingly.

Cheers

Do I have to renumber the Henschel if the file in already tagged "muddy"? Or will those only show up only in muddy conditions. (The Aris K2 V2 mod has no "muddy" tags at all.)

If so, do I only need to renumber the Umlaut Henschel "Normal" version files??

Not exactly sure what it is you want to do. Here is how it works with my own mods - the ones with the Henschel turret:

Regarding the turret numbers:

If you do nothing, then the game will load the 5 different turrets styles randomly

- like so:

15120318474_7bffccbf68_c.jpgKT turrets more

If you want the game to load only one specific turret style out of the five, then you rename this turret bmp: "king-tiger-henschel-turret"

- and you remove all the other king-tiger-henschel-turret bmp´s.

Then it will load like this:

15554822038_e6462933bc_c.jpgKT turrets one

Regarding the [muddy] versions

The mods have exactly the same decals and insignia in the folders with the [muddy] files

- the only difference is that these mods only show up when the ground conditions are muddy.

About the dark/light muddy versions:

There are 2 different sets of [muddy] King Tigers:

A set with light (dried) mud and a set with dark (wet) mud. You must choose which set you want to use - and delete the other one. Of you don´t delete one of the sets, I think the game will just load them randomly.

Dark mud version:

15740268025_91bb3f245d_c.jpgKT muddy dark

Light mud version:

15716552896_25d683e814_c.jpgKT muddy light

If you want you King Tigers really dirty you can also choose to use the dried (light) mud version as the default King Tiger. Then you just have to remove the mod tag [muddy] from the files - and let these replace the original bmp´s in the normal folder.

Regarding Aris´ Porsche mods:

Aris made his King Tiger mods before the [muddy] mod tags were introduced, so there are no muddy versions of those. And I don´t want to mess that much with the master´s work ;)

There is no overlap between the Aris´ and Umlaut´s King Tigers. Aris´ KT´s are Porshce, mine are Henschel, so they don´t interfere with each other.

If you are happy with the different number decals, then the only thing you have to do is decide whether you want dark or light muddy Henschel King Tigers