CMRT TargetQuick bug

This is something I've noticed several times when playing PBEM games in CMRT v1.0. If I give "Target Quick" order that is supposed to last for 15 seconds AFAIK. I've noticed many times that during the movie the order seems to become Target command instead. The target line remains attached to the same place after the 15 second period is over and firing continues.

This wastes ammo and can cause dangerous situations to the firing unit if your intention is to first fire for 15 seconds, then move the tank/whatever to a new position. During the movement it would be a good idea to keep turret towards the movement direction, but now it keeps firing while moving. Accuracy isn't too good because of the movement and if a new enemy appears it probably gets to fire 1-2 times before the turret has turned.

This is something I've noticed several times when playing PBEM games in CMRT v1.0. If I give "Target Quick" order that is supposed to last for 15 seconds AFAIK. I've noticed many times that during the movie the order seems to become Target command instead. The target line remains attached to the same place after the 15 second period is over and firing continues.

This wastes ammo and can cause dangerous situations to the firing unit if your intention is to first fire for 15 seconds, then move the tank/whatever to a new position. During the movement it would be a good idea to keep turret towards the movement direction, but now it keeps firing while moving. Accuracy isn't too good because of the movement and if a new enemy appears it probably gets to fire 1-2 times before the turret has turned.

You are in the wrong thread. Needs to go in Tech support thread. Save game almost essential.

If you've got a save game of a 0:15 TARGET BRIEFLY command going significantly beyond 15 seconds, please do PM me and I will give you my email address as this would definitely be a bug.

One thing to be aware of is that TARGET BRIEFLY orders often go a little longer than the stated time because the gunner will finish whatever shot he was in the process of executing when the timer runs out. So if the gunner just started aiming a shot at 15 seconds into a 15-second TARGET BRIEFLY order, the shot might actually be fired at 18-20 seconds.

If want to make sure a vehicle doesn't fire while moving, make the TARGET BRIEFLY order for 15 seconds, and the pause before moving 20 seconds, so that there's a bit of fudge room.

But regardless, this should only cause an extension of a few seconds. If you're seeing something longer than this, then there might be a bug.

Like I wrote the target line stayed in the TargetQuick point for 60 seconds.

I'll see if I can still find a file. If not I'll send the file the next time it happens.

I use TargetQuick quite a bit, so I've seen this happen many times.

So either there is a clear bug or I somehow manage to give target command when trying to do TargetQuick.

Like I wrote the target line stayed in the TargetQuick point for 60 seconds.

I'll see if I can still find a file. If not I'll send the file the next time it happens.

I use TargetQuick quite a bit, so I've seen this happen many times.

So either there is a clear bug or I somehow manage to give target command when trying to do TargetQuick.

So first of all (and least important) you are talking about Target Briefly right? I don't want to be missing some cool new command :)

Also note that Target Briefly can be adjusted by pressing the hot key again. You can actually easily make Target Briefly last a really long time doing that. It is worth checking that you have not unintentionally added additional 15s increments to the command.

Also, a really easy mistake to make is when changing the point of aim.

Since pressing the TargetBriefly button again wont change the point of aim ( merely add 15 seconds to the existing one ), you have to give a new Target Command, then change the new one to a TargetBriefly.

If you forget the 2nd step, you end up with a new permanent Target Command on the new aim point.

I've done it often :D

OK; I took a look at the file. The tank in question definitely has a regular TARGET order right from the start of the movie turn. So either this is simply player error, or the TARGET BRIEFLY is being converted to a TARGET during the turn calculation.

The latter is definitely possible but we would need the orders phase save file showing the TARGET BRIEFLY plot to confirm. For now, I'll put this in my "Possible Bugs" list and keep an eye out for it in my own games.

If anyone does manage to capture an incident of this with an orders phase save file preserved, please do PM me and I'll take a look.

OK; I took a look at the file.

or the TARGET BRIEFLY is being converted to a TARGET during the turn calculation.

Yes, this is what I tried to say in my first post. It could be a player error of course, but if so it sure has happened many times :) As you saw from the movie the tank was paused for 20 seconds and only then started driving towards a new position. So it was clearly meant to be using Target Briefly.