Vehicles path

I recently upgraded my CMBN to the 3.0 but I'm a bit dissapointed with the vehicles path that it's still an issue.I played a MG battle,A man can die but once,a "what if" mission in Arhem with the big bridge and I experienced lot of problems with my tanks trying to cross it.Looks like a bug or so.They got stuck when other vehicles are on the bridge even though there's enough room to pass and found very difficult to go through.Vehicles path looks still a bit wonky in general

Something has to be done with this.

And this, in " The Sheriff of Oosterbeek"

Possible spoilers for those who have yet to play it

The previous Stug went under the bridges w/o a problem. This one starts out:

1%2060%25.jpg

Goes under the first one OK:

2%2060%25.jpg

Starts to negotiate the second:

3%2060%25.jpg

Under she goes:

5%2060%25.jpg

Oops! A flying Stug.

6%2060%25.jpg

My oppo had this happen in a recent H2H; he was not amused.

My second Stug did the same thing, as did the truck towing the Sig33.

I thought this had been fixed previously

Ver 3.00 seems to have re-introduced a lot of bugs.

I've had a look at the map in the editor and, on the face of it, it looks to be a fairly simple fix.

By adjusting the elevation of about seven or eight tiles, adjacent to the road in and around the bridges, to the same elevation of the road tiles, it looks a whole lot better .

1.jpg

I gave standard MOVE orders to the two Stugs, down the centre of the road.

It all starts off OK...but notice the Stug heavily clipping the bridge arch :

2.jpg

....and up she goes!

3.jpg

The second one, following the same path does exactly the same and ends up superimposed on the first Stug.....super clipping!

4.jpg

So in the next attempt I made sure that the movement path was directly between the columns of the arch and not down the centre of the road and... hey presto... they both get through normally:

5.jpg

So, it seems that map makers must be very careful when designing road/ bridge combinations and that players must exercise extreme caution when traversing such areas. Not an ideal set of circumstances and one that leads to more micro-management than is desirable.