IS Fighters

I was about to scrap this but found found some energy to continue to work on it. All the inspiration for this has come from Kieme's work on the IS vehicles. Hopefully these guys can at some point find their martyrdom along with them in CMSF :cool:.

It would be pretty difficult to make the insane variety of uniforms worn by ISIS fighters so im going to do my best to make a decent mix. Right now im focusing on adding camo uniforms based off of what i've seen them wear in videos and pics. So its going to be a mix of acu, multicam, digital turkish camo, chocolate chip, and tri color desert.

WIP ACU

CMShockForce2014-09-2113-22-49-72_zpsb3e6016a.jpg

CMShockForce2014-09-2114-00-14-70_zps0dadf31f.jpg

Some photos of IS terrorists in acu

140714Feature1Photo1-650_429_zps44973470.jpg

KC_20140701_iraq_IS_840_579_100_zps3a9e2ce2.jpg

Im going to make some fighters with no IS logos as well so they can be used for generic fighters and mayyybe do something with the combtants as well.

I luv em...

Suggestions:

Need more texture on the boots. Is it possible to make em look like sneakers or sandals?

Also could do with a few regular faces with the black "skull cap" as shown in the pics. IS troops are not all hooded.

The black pants seem like shadows - not enuff texture. (One could simply use some of the clothes from the "SPIES" and other UNCOM mods for "mish-mash" variety.)

I luv em...

Suggestions:

Need more texture on the boots. Is it possible to make em look like sneakers or sandals?

Also could do with a few regular faces with the black "skull cap" as shown in the pics. IS troops are not all hooded.

The black pants seem like shadows - not enuff texture. (One could simply use some of the clothes from the "SPIES" and other UNCOM mods for "mish-mash" variety.)

im going to see what i can do with the boots.

these are all fighters so i believe the balaclava is part of the model? the combatants on the other hand i might make a mix of balaclava, kaffiyeh(scarf), and face like with mord's mod.

As for the pants i've planned on doing exactly what you've suggested. The mod is certainly going to be hodgepodge like the fighters in IS or Syria.

FWIW I have several UNCOM mods mixed with a SPY mod etc. And I find even the "fighters" in my games are a mix of guys in hoods and guys with various color head gear/kaffiyey.

Here's what I have:

Mord's masked Syrian fighters (some black and some grey hoods)

Mord's Mixed UNCOM Combatants v1 (includes "cyrian-spy-uniform" bmp's etc. as well as Mord's Combatants including Jordanian and Palestinian-style colored scarfs as well as black).

SYRIAN FACES which also includes troops with black balaclavas (no green band) and even gas mask mods.

Fantastic work, I love the turkish camo!

I have uploaded two days ago the vehicles but for some reason they still don't show up. I'll contact BFC today because there's no reason the file is not approved for release..

Well i'm taking a cue from your work and going to double the resolution on the fighter skins, they will look much better when i'm done.

Maybe you should try dropbox..

The ISIS "insignia" looks good. Can you do "flags" etc that appear on their vehicles' doors etc?

The black pants still needs more texture - maybe dust/dirt to show the folds?

It's a shame we can't use CMMODS for CMSF. What happened over there?

Ya i might add logos to the front of their shirts or maybe on their sleeves.

Those are the cleaner of the 2 pants in the game like i said it will be a mix when all is said and done.

Apparently the lack of community support made it pointless for GaJ to maintain that section of the site.

Here are some of the higher res fighters in ACU

CMShockForce2014-09-2212-31-16-58_zps119b29a4.jpg

finished all the camo have acu, woodland, multicam, woodland marpat, desert marpat, chocolate chip, tri color desert, all from normal dude, m1a1tc and ryujin's awesome work. also the turkish digital pattern i put in there.

New khaki boots

CMShockForce2014-09-2214-50-30-54_zpsd1d5dc54.jpg

CMShockForce2014-09-2214-50-23-57_zps66308753.jpg

going to make a few other boots then on to figuring something out for chest rigs.

There's a good variety there. I wonder how the Whole lot looks like and if it is compatible with Mord's fighters/Mord's civil war, should be ok with the last since it changes syrian infantry afaik.

I am going to do something with mords mixed combatants when i'm thru with the fighters. might make generic syria/iraq insurgents basically give them a face lift. But these fighters should be usable with mords fighters just a matter of renumbering.

Heres what ive got done for the...

CMShockForce2014-09-2313-01-19-17_zps63f93eb6.jpg

Most of them turned out ok still need some touching up, but i think they are all a improvement over the stock stuff

Since we're told that ISIS is rich, you'd think they would have the very best stuff.

We're told that they make millions per day by transporting oil and selling in Turkey. I can't understand this.

You would think that knocking out pipelines and a few tankers would put an easy and immediate stop to that. Unless... we want the oil to flow for some reason... Hmm...

• 3 weeks later...

I've been very busy with real life work and haven't had much energy for anything CM related lately, but i've had some progress i touched up the chest rigs a bit and now i've tried to add just plain colored civilian shirts and pants to the fighters....

i dont really like how they came out but they add some more variety.

Here is some of the shirts

CMShockForce2014-10-1210-05-44-77_zps91ff68e8.jpg~original

CMShockForce2014-10-1210-33-03-87_zps517e27da.jpg~original

CMShockForce2014-10-1210-04-52-96_zps1ae28153.jpg~original

Im going to skip that for now and work on the balaclavas which will be variety of colors, some with logos (with single ones others with multiples), and different slits/eye holes.

I have 5 faces added with about 7 more to go (i'm taking these from actual photos of IS terrorists). Its really difficult to get these to look right just a ton of trial and error to get them positioned in the right spot on the model.

Ill probably scrap the plain civilian clothes they have lines that go thru them that you don't notice as much on the camo.

I added the berezka camo from dpabram's Euroscape mod. actually seen quite a few fighters from russia wearing it in Syria.

CMShockForce2014-10-1217-28-27-74_zps809d00bb.jpg~original