Kill/Suppression radius for Mortars

Pak40... The "hit decal" idea sounds great to me, and would help avoid confusion. Certainly better than the damage only becoming apparent in the form of dead and wounded troops.

I assume it would need each slope of the roof, front, back,(left and right sides, if applicable), and the central ridge to be modelled separately. Perhaps more difficult than the designers can handle at present. But, who knows, in the future it might appear in the game.

Just as an aside. My 50th birthday present from my family was a trip to NOLA. If I survive to 60, I will return.

It does under the hood, but since the roof "health" is abstracted as a whole there are only so many graphic stages they can include in the game. However, it would be nice to have a 'hit decal' similar to what has been implemented for the tanks to show the damage. This would purely be a graphical change that would satisfy our visual senses; the actual damage model would still be abstracted.

I understand, but my point is that if there are 4 stages of destruction, then surely one shell should be enough to knock the roof out of "mint condition"?

Pak40... The "hit decal" idea sounds great to me, and would help avoid confusion. Certainly better than the damage only becoming apparent in the form of dead and wounded troops.

I assume it would need each slope of the roof, front, back,(left and right sides, if applicable), and the central ridge to be modelled separately. Perhaps more difficult than the designers can handle at present. But, who knows, in the future it might appear in the game.

Just as an aside. My 50th birthday present from my family was a trip to NOLA. If I survive to 60, I will return.

Wow, that's a nice birthday present. If you survived Bourbon St then you'll survive to 60. :P

I understand, but my point is that if there are 4 stages of destruction, then surely one shell should be enough to knock the roof out of "mint condition"?

I think the "mint condition" stage is technically something like 100-75% health. This is just my assumption though, I don't have any actual figures on how it's done. It honestly could be 100-50% health for all I know.