CMRT The Passage DAR

ok, ok

As for the units, it is a real toss up as to who has the advantage at range.

I did a test battle at 1300 meters with all the armed units in the game, just 4 times to see what would happen. There is (15) T34-85 against (8) Pv4 with some misc. other equip. The results

game 1 kills: 8 German tanks to 1 Russian tank in 2 minutes

game 2 kills: 4 German tanks to 13 Russian tank in 4 minutes

game 3 kills: 4 German tanks to 15 Russian tank in 3.5 minutes

game 4 kills: 8 German tanks to 8 Russian tank in 3 minutes

So in just 4 test I had the battle swing both ways twice in just a few minutes

I selected 1300 in that it was the distance approx. of the duel in the game I played.

From memory the range is more like 2000m. Played it twice HTH (the second as a test game) the germans got slaughtered both times.....

• 4 months later...

Very surprised at test results and I think this scenario is pretty heavily weighted for the Soviets, a decent Soviet Player should win this bar any massive streak of bad luck.

The MKIV can not reliably kill the T34 at range and all it takes is one hit from the T34 and the MKIV is toast even at range.

Also just checked crew skill levels and while there are some green crews the Soviets do have crews with +2 ability which the Germans do not have. These crews have a definite edge.

8 vs 15 is too much of an ask IMO.

So all in all maybe good vs AI and give the German player a good challenge. IMO H2H is not that enjoyable as you have limited options for the Germans.

The Halftracks have to Pell Mell to the Woods by the lake and then they are pretty much wasted as they can not venture into the open...

If you do try and duel the Soviets at range you will lose and you have to move to cover the advance and the Soviets have more options on leaving tanks to cover while moving smaller force to gain objectives...

If the Soviet player takes his time and ensures that he spots the German Tanks he will prevail, IMO.

Interesting situation to game, just bloody glad you are not German Commander IRL having to try and do this.

Edited by Holien