QB Maps?

• 3 weeks later...

I think what you can do is determine what part of the existing map you want to work with, then you would decrease that part of the map and save it as a new .btt name or number or how ever you want. That is the purpose of the Master maps in Market Garden and in Red Thunder. Size it down to what you want. If there is a quick way to cut and paste I am not aware of it. Perhaps a more learned person on these forums does.

You could easily take a small map and make it bigger.

You can often make a map play quite differently just by changing/adding/subtracting terrain objective values and/or locations.

I am currently working on upsizing the map that Bil H and Elvis used in the RT AAR, I believe originally done by GeorgeMc. I am about 3km x 3km at the moment and wondering if I bit off a bit too much. We shall see.

I also take the time to look at how someone who really knows how to build a good map puts it together. I have learned a lot from studying that map in the editor.

There are a number of really good map makers and they seem to be consistent on a couple items. Make it look natural. Normal terrain has all sorts of terrain alterations in elevation. Flavor items add a ton of immersion detail. Detail work in General has a huge payoff particularly for players who like to be down in the trenches. Worry less about size than quality. A great mid size map is far better than a mediocre large one. It will also likely get more use. And for god's sake have fun with it.

I will, even if I wind up going backwards. Every time I make a big change I save the old one. It is actually pretty amazing to open up a map, start working on it and look up at the clock and notice it's 3 hours later and damn I gotta go to bed. Work comes too early.