Scenario creation problems

I have created a scenario that took me about 8-10 hours to create. Somehow the last few times I've tried to load it as a battle, it stops at 96% and the game crashes. I've double checked everything about the battle. Everything seems to be in line. Nothing seems to be game crash worthy.

Any advice?

So much work :mad:

Edit: It's only if I choose the soviet side.

Well. The turns take about 3 minutes to process and it plays out fine graphically.

I guess I did get a little overzealous.

I have a soviet battalion defending against four german battalions. The turn time is insane.

I can start the battle as germans, but still not soviets.

I have a soviet battalion defending against four german battalions. The turn time is insane.

Wow 5 battalions on the battle field at one time. That is a lot. Just wait until the bullets start flying. You might be able to play it if you turn down the texture and model quality far enough.

How large is the map? Is the map complex (lots of buildings, trees, elevation changes etc)? If it is very complex, try reducing complexity and size, it may significantly improve performance. Especially buildings reduce performance a lot. You could also try to reduce texture quality directly in your graphics driver menu.

Just a little :). I dont i think my PC could handle that battle either.

How large is the map? Is the map complex (lots of buildings, trees, elevation changes etc)? If it is very complex, try reducing complexity and size, it may significantly improve performance. Especially buildings reduce performance a lot. You could also try to reduce texture quality directly in your graphics driver menu.

Just a little :). I dont i think my PC could handle that battle either.

Well, my PC can handle it on balanced graphics, the turn times are just several times longer than I'm used to. They are 2 to 3 minutes each.

The map is 500x700 roughly.

1/3 of the map is thick city, sort of stalingrad-ish. The map is complex, except for the german deployment zone. Their deployment zone is flat and bare to accommodate their forces.

The original post is that the game crashed when I tried to load soviet side.

It's fixed. I just redeployed EVERYTHING. Not sure what the problem was.

If the battle is crashing, you might try deleting fortifications (especially barbed wire) and testing to see if that solves the problem.

Of course, you'll want to keep a backup copy of the original with fortifications before deleting and testing the new save without them.

If the battle is crashing, you might try deleting fortifications (especially barbed wire) and testing to see if that solves the problem.

Of course, you'll want to keep a backup copy of the original with fortifications before deleting and testing the new save without them.

So its not just the bunkers making the scenario crash? So delete barbed wire?

I take it these issues will be fixed in the up coming game patch. :)

thanks,

Semper Fi.

thanks,

Semper Fi.

That was just a guess, as I've experienced the issue once before with barbed wire. Actually, that may have been in CMBN, rather than CMRT. I don't know if this is on BF's current bug list, as it seems a very occasional thing.

You might want to send them a bug report.

thanks,

Semper Fi.

When I was testing CMRT I tested out fortifications and found no issues. I did that because of a previous release that did have an issue with barbed wire. If you find out some kind of fortification was causing your problem could you please PM me and I'll make sure it gets logged - it I find it has not been already.

That was just a guess, as I've experienced the issue once before with barbed wire. Actually, that may have been in CMBN, rather than CMRT. I don't know if this is on BF's current bug list, as it seems a very occasional thing.

You might want to send them a bug report.

Actaully it ended up being the "Supply Bunkers" you can change the bunkers to supply, so I deleted all the bunkers.. saved it.. and then added normal bunkers. The Scenerio works great now, just now play testing it. Not sure, but I think you can dismount trucks in the Units portion of the editor and I think this creates ammo supply as well, without the truck.. I will have to check on that.

Thanks for your assistance Macisle.

Semper Fi.