Touch Objectives

Hey guys I was wondering if someone could elaborate on "touch objectives" as follows:

1. Do your units have to touch where the objective lettering is or is there a range from the center of that writing that qualifies for the victory points?

2. How do you know that you have "touched" the objective and have been awarded the victory points before the battle has ended?

Thanks!

Hey guys I was wondering if someone could elaborate on "touch objectives" as follows:

1. Do your units have to touch where the objective lettering is or is there a range from the center of that writing that qualifies for the victory points?

2. How do you know that you have "touched" the objective and have been awarded the victory points before the battle has ended?

Thanks!

1. You have to touch anywhere that is the green color of the objective location. It has nothing to do with the lettering or name of the objective.

2. As soon as your units touch the green area of the objective location you will get a radio notification sound followed by white lettered writing at the top of the screen that the objective has been secured. Once those points have been secured they cannot be lost by subsequent events.

2. As soon as your units touch the green area of the objective location you will get a radio notification sound followed by white lettered writing at the top of the screen that the objective has been secured.

... and the green 'touch' area vanishes for the rest of the game. (the white lettered name of the objective remains, however)

There is a sound that plays when you receive reinforcements. That is very useful as many times I just didn't notice the new units.

Anyone know if there is a way to get a sound to play when an objective is touched, or captured.

The "Squelch" noise that you get on reinforcements also plays when you've Touched a Touch objective. There is no way to get a sound to play when an objective is captured, since that assessment does not take place until the game is over.

Good to know. I have a mod that plays a fanfare when reinforcements appeared (very useful). I never noticed if it played when touch objectives were met.

I don't know whether the "Touch" sound calls exactly the same file :) All I know is it sounds like radio squelch.