Is there a way to get infantry to dismount mid-route in turn-based?

Did you order your vehicule to pause during 5 seconds at the waypoint? If you ordered your troops to move to a location (and not order "disembark") at the beginning of the movement order of the vehicle, will they disembark while the vehicle is paused before going his way?

I have not tried this but maybe it can work...

AFAIK, there is no way to order a disembark in CM2 anyplace other than at the end of all movement. (Hope someone else can confirm/disconfirm.)

Maybe start asking BF to make it like CM1 when units would disembark if the transport slowed enuff, eg: when it slowed to do a sharp turn.

AFAIK it's not possible. However the current order suite makes it possible to give infantry orders which will they will execute upon arrival of the vehicle. Having them jump out at a slow turn would deny me this feature. So not sure if that would be an improvement.

AFAIK it's not possible. However the current order suite makes it possible to give infantry orders which will they will execute upon arrival of the vehicle. Having them jump out at a slow turn would deny me this feature. So not sure if that would be an improvement.

Yeah it would take a little bit more. What would be nice is if you could set a pause at a way point and issue a dismount there. I think part of the complexity is coordinating the actions of two different units. You'd have to somehow set an order on the passenger relative to a waypoint of the vehicle. I agree that stipulating a dismount based on movement of the vehicle is fraught with it's own issues. They are very likely to be dismounting when I don't want them to, then I have to stop the vehicle and wait for them to get back on. The current set up is not bad. The only time I really wish for something more is getting a vehicle back out of the area after the troops unload. The upside is that keeps me handling trucks etc closer to reality in that they don't go anywhere near the shooting.

FWIW jumping out in CM1 when the vehicle slowed was never a problem so long as you were careful re waypoints at turns, so that the vehicle didn't slow down when not desired. Having said that, it wasn't 100% reliable, and I don't recall using the feature hardly at all.

It may be a good feature the way you describe it above for CM2. But, I haven't missed it at all.

FWIW jumping out in CM1 when the vehicle slowed was never a problem so long as you were careful re waypoints at turns, so that the vehicle didn't slow down when not desired. Having said that, it wasn't 100% reliable, and I don't recall using the feature hardly at all.

It may be a good feature the way you describe it above for CM2. But, I haven't missed it at all.

Never missed, although I never played CM1 ;)

I do miss a similar option in WEGO: to be able to mount infantry in a vehicle and have it move upon completion. It is possible now with adding pauses, but unreliable and sometimes leads to infantry becoming half mounted and unavailable for the remainder of the game.

"sometimes leads to infantry becoming half mounted and unavailable for the remainder of the game." That's extremely rare in my experience.

A feel for timing re movement, boarding etc comes with experience - esp when you're dealing with a crewed weapon that may take some time to undeploy.