Evaluation Copy

Who at BTS needs to be contacted re: evaluation copies for a review article? I don't want to say who I have in mind since I do not know if there is any interest on their end to evaluate CM. If there is, it would be best to let them contact you directly anyways. I will just pass the information along.

Regards

Of course, you have all heard of Freyland's "Wargames for Elves", haven't you? I have been trying so hard to explain to my readers the virtues of rifles to bows, and I am sure a preview by one of my fine editors would surely swing them over. Of course, a good preview would require a pre-release copy.

Jonathan

------------------

For the last time, you don't need antibiotics!

Asking for an eval copy is pretty tame.

I have had total strangers request my source code smile.gif. I usually ask the latter if they would also like my credit cards, bank account info, drivers license, and first born son smile.gif.

------------------

Best regards, Major H

majorh1@aol.com

[This message has been edited by MajorH (edited 12-08-99).]

my name is johnny and i have a rare liver disease and i want this game to do a review for the elementry school grognards with rare liver diseases and mike mcgwire wouldnt come and see me and im really depressed and i dont think i will make it till you release this game and the doctor said i should have something to pass the time while they are removing my gonads cause i also have gonad disease and my dog just died and daddy said if he catches mom with the safeway bag boy one more time hes gonna leave and i ate lead paint flakes when i was a kid and im still a kid and i really need a copy of this game and a pentium 600 with a 21 inch screen and a dvd player and a gazillion gig hd cause i dont have a computer and i need a modem too

[This message has been edited by civdiv (edited 12-08-99).]

pford,

If this is for real then:

a) the reviewer should contact CM themselves and

B) if they have no interest in the game they shouldn't contact anyone.

As far as I know only 1 person (Scott Udell) outside of the beta test team has a copy of CM so I don't rate the "reviewer's" (hehe yeah RIGHT !) chance of getting on highly wink.gif

Ps. pford, why don't you ask MajorH if there's any chance of getting the source code for umm, umm evaluation.

Cheers hehe wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Reverendo,

Would the Association for the Study of UNpopular Ceramics of Eastern Rhode Island also need copies?

That'd be ASUCER hehe (hint: s + k )

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Don't forget to add Initiative Movement for Land and Air Mechanized Engineers to your Christmas Evaluation-Copy Giving Campaign, since we would love to play engineering simulations with CM

Signed: President of I'M LAME

:¬)

P.S: ok, enough. Somebody close this thread, please! Close it before my brain spills out of my head through my left ear!

Dear Sirs:

The Federation of Fellow Smileys would like you sirs to tell Reverendo how to put those yellow Smileys in BBS messages, since we're sick and tired of those awful looking text smileys he keeps writing.

Yours faithfully

The Senior Fellow Smiley

P.S: we could use some evaluation copies too.

a colon : followed immediately by a bracket ) gives a smiley smile.gif or a frown frown.gif or a wink wink.gif etc

have fun smile.gif

Jon

------------------

Quo Fas et Vino du Femme

I am greatly amuse by the lame riposte posted so far. They show great creativity and wit, NOT.

There is an obvious consensus that this is a feeble scam. Review of the pre-release orders will show that I have placed an order well prior to this posting. The basic fact is that I have access to, but no influence on, person(s) who, if they decided to write a positive review, could significantly benefit the sale of CM or whose review would be useful as an ad insertion.

So my big crime is that I ask who is the contact person and trying to help a little. So since you guys are sooo clever, knock yourselves out.

Fionn Kelly, do you have the same name recognition the persons I listed in the e-mail? If so, great, go for it.

Pford, sorry you took anything I said here personally, I guess I'm so excited about CM that it's getting the best of me. I in no way intended to slight the fact that you were trying to help someone (and BTS) out, and apologise if it came across that way.

Pford,

Listen, it was quite obvious that people felt your post was a sham BUT it's also quite obvious that people were only having a little fun at its expense. Don't take it too personally...

FWIW I do recognise the names fo the guys you mentioned to me via email but, as I said before, if you think they'd be interested in doing a review then talk to them and tell them to write to Steve... They'll both be quite familiar with how to do this ( all reviewers are).. All you need to do is make them aware of CM and they'll take Steve's email and write him (or not).

That's my advice for how to proceed.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Sorry lad. I don't mean to be disrespectful. I was just having a little fun, and learning how to draw smileys smile.gif

If you feel offended by any of the things I have written in this thread, then I'm extremely sorry. Many people here thought it was a hoax.

Steve is definitely the person to ask about the evaluation copy.

Again, sorry (but hey, learning how to draw smileys was worth it!) wink.gif

------------------

Regards

Reverendo

Guest Tom punkrawk

Major H,I wouldn't mind your credit cards,bank account number,and i'm sure I could get a good price for your first born. smile.gif

how 'bout it?

------------------

We ain't got no place to go,let's go to a punk rawk show