Evaluation Copy

PFord ... you should not take this stuff personally. I have reread everything in this thread and it seemed more humorous than anything else.

Most developers/publishers rapidly adopt a good natured attitude about requests for eval copies by mainly just ignoring them smile.gif. This is especially true about requests that are posted in public forums. If someone does not know the private email address of a game principal then he has already failed the first credibility test.

TacOps has never been a mainstream product but still I got barraged with requests for eval copies - most were probably sincere. I hate to offend any TacOps fan but 99% of all eval requests that I responded to were not worth the hour that it took me to burn a CD and to drive to the post office.

Another factor in ignoring most eval requests is that most amateur reviewers spend more time criticizing a game for what they wish was in it than they do describing what it does deliver. These folks are welcome to post what they like but they can darn well buy a ticket for the privilege smile.gif.

I don't mean to preach here ... just thought folks would like an insight into the developer end of things.

------------------

Best regards, Major H

majorh1@aol.com

[This message has been edited by MajorH (edited 12-09-99).]

- Another factor in ignoring most eval requests is that most amateur reviewers spend more time criticizing a game for what they wish was in it than they do describing what it does deliver.

God how true that is. I haven't actually thought of that myself but now that it's mentioned it's spot on.