Pps42

The PPS-43 simply worked out a few of the bugs with the -42 and was the version actually put into mass production. The -42 was a fielded prototype of the -43, with only 47,000 of them made, most of them used in the north around Leningrad. The -42 would be rare on the ground, and its only differences from the -43 would be negatives (slightly more failure to extract jams and the like).

PPS-42 was in the Beta, actually. Had its own model and skins. Cool little mg. Unfortunately it was determined that most of 'em ended up fighting in the Leningrad area far to the north (where they were manufactured), so the weapon got pulled from the game pretty late in the process. Not much functional difference between it and PPS-43 but it was pretty 'cool'. The manual must've missed the weapon getting pulled.

PPS-42 was in the Beta, actually. Had its own model and skins. Cool little mg. Unfortunately it was determined that most of 'em ended up fighting in the Leningrad area far to the north (where they were manufactured), so the weapon got pulled from the game pretty late in the process. Not much functional difference between it and PPS-43 but it was pretty 'cool'. The manual must've missed the weapon getting pulled.

I don't get it. If it was essentially already done, why pull it?

Why not keep it in but in very limited numbers?

...why pull it?

Simplest answer is that's where their research took 'em. Every title I can think of, stuff was in early Alpha builds then research showed that it was never in-theater, or hadn't arrived in that timeframe, or were all fighting 'elsewhere'. So out they came. They pulled M10 TD and M8 HMC from the Sicily basegame for that reason. CMRT bsegame lost the Jagdpanther and IS-2 late with HMG mounted on the cupola.

Ah I see. Well if it wasn't used, it wasn't used. That being said, I think it would be nice to see some more rare weapons that were not generally issued, but still around. I'm thinking stuff like the G41(W) semi automatic rifle (which was used in Sicily and Italy and actually still more common than the G43 in Normandy) or captured weapons like the MG26(t) etc, especially for Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine or Straggler troops. Considering the level of detail CM2 goes into for vehicles, this would be very nice for some infantry "granularity".

Ah I see. Well if it wasn't used, it wasn't used. That being said, I think it would be nice to see some more rare weapons that were not generally issued, but still around. I'm thinking stuff like the G41(W) semi automatic rifle (which was used in Sicily and Italy and actually still more common than the G43 in Normandy) or captured weapons like the MG26(t) etc, especially for Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine or Straggler troops. Considering the level of detail CM2 goes into for vehicles, this would be very nice for some infantry "granularity".

Those might show up in a Pack.

Michael