Scenario baking?

I remember being able to do this back in CMSF days, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it any more. I checked the manuals for CMRT and couldn't find mention of it anywhere. Was this feature removed or am I missing something incredibly obvious?

I remember being able to do this back in CMSF days, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it any more. I checked the manuals for CMRT and couldn't find mention of it anywhere. Was this feature removed or am I missing something incredibly obvious?

There is no scenario baking anymore.

There is no scenario baking anymore.

Darn. At least it wasn't a popular feature.

I have only the vaguest idea what "Scenario baking" is, but in CMx2 you just create the things in the scenario editor, Save them and then go to "Battle" and pick 'em from the list to play them.

You used to be able to plot out waypoints in the scenario editor, save them and use them in-lieu of (in or conjunction with, can't remember) AI plans.

You used to be able to plot out waypoints in the scenario editor, save them and use them in-lieu of (in or conjunction with, can't remember) AI plans.

That's, at least in broad brush how the AI plans are set up in x2: each order is sort of like a waypoint, with a "start going by this time, get there by this time" (and/or "when [[friendly|enemy] units] get to [location]", in Red Thunder) setting, and "movement mode" settings for speed and "agression", and applies to a group of units, rather than just one (probably, except in really tiny scenarios, where the 16 (is it more in RT) groups could, potentially, be enough for one group per squad/vehicle). And the "waypoint" (order) can be a large or small area of the map, rather than a point. And the first order controls where the group sets up, and you can have more than one plan, to be chosen from when the game starts.

Baking though allowed to be very, very specific about unit orders. IIRC you could not only issue waypoints but also issue target, acquire, pop smoke and other commands (like the 'reverse' command that is needed for making tanks retreat without turning their vulnerable behind towards the enemy) - basically the same range of commands you can issue during normal gameplay. I havent used it in the scenarios i made because in almost all (99%+) of all situation the regular AI plans were sufficient, but it looked like it sometimes could certainly be of use.