soviet lack of anti armor disturbing

Well, i find it really stupid that ruskie commie infantry can't destroy anything but infantry.

Soviet infantry does have special AT grenades. I believe it's two grenades per squad. They are not specifically tracked in the player's UI, so they are easy to overlook. I just lost a PIV to them in the woods and have taken out a number of tanks with them myself in other battles. You have to be in grenade range, of course.

Here's a pic of some of my infantry doing just that:

14062445241_855077b60c_o.jpg

Whose smoke?

(Soviet Anti-tank: yeah, their atr's were everywhere and put a serious hurt on halftrack and other light afv's. They were told to aim for optics on tanks, as well. I don't know how accurate they really could be, but if you have several dozen firing at a cupola, eventually someone will hit. And they did. Frequently. Many German TC's were taken out of combat due to atr hits against vision blocks. The block would stop the bullet, but the block would break out of its mount and slam into the TC's face. Broken bones and eye injuries of varying degrees would be the result. Sometimes the block would shatter. Soviet ATR's in massed fire were a factor on the battlefield. Kind of like a swarm of horse flies at a family picnic...)

Whose smoke?

That's from the Aris Graphic FX Mod Compilation at CMMODS:

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/5182/details

Vein just added a nice FX pack yesterday here:

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/5258/details

It has his awesome flames, as well as some great smoke, too. I can't decide which smoke I like better, his or Aris's. I think overall, Vein's looks more natural, but Aris's has a dark element to it that is very cool that Vein's doesn't have. Dunno' which I'll stay with.

I can't decide which smoke I like better, his or Aris's. I think overall, Vein's looks more natural, but Aris's has a dark element to it that is very cool that Vein's doesn't have. Dunno' which I'll stay with.

Its a blessing that we have such talented moders in the community.

Its a blessing that we have such talented moders in the community.

Very true!

Edit:

Oh, and Vein's smoke does have dark-tinged billows mixed with the white. I had only had a quick look when I made that comment and I just spent more time with it. They are just a lot more pronounced in Aris's smoke.