Gun Sound/s in CMBN/FI/RT

is battlefront keeping the same generic gun sounds for specific personal reasons? (sentimental reasons)

not expert in this stuff but i think that having sounds from mods like ''waclaw 1.5HQ'' does not reduce performance more than 0.2%, and those sounds are (95% of us will agree)- much better (and much more realisitic, which is more important i think)

look at the detail of this panzerfaust http://i.imgur.com/WRo528u.jpg , you can almost read that lol

and yet, the gun sounds (CMbn,FI,RT ) are very low quality in vanila game

(CMBN FI and RT, 3+ years of experience and sounds are still same , even after countless sound mods are made)

this is something that i do not understand, its quite fascinating i think , at least in my opinion

any thoughts?

Someone from Battlefront will have to give the definitive answer, but my guess would be that high-quality sound files are expensive, at least when you need to purchase a license to use them for a commercial game.

Mods don't have this issue, as they are not commercial products.

But, I agree with you. Would be great to have the real sounds of the weapons in the game. I'm not sure my old computer can handle sound mods though.

my understanding (and I could be totally off base) is that the sounds files have a disproportional hit on resources the more unique they are, hence the tendency to group sounds unless there is a very strong reason they need to be more distinctive (german MGs for example).

If you are simply referring to the quality of the sounds themselves I can't answer that. I am one of those guys without an arsenal and I couldn't tell you the difference between a mauser, an enfield or a garand (other than the distinctive sound of the clip as it empties). I take everything I hear in the movies with a big dose of salt so whether BF's sounds are realistic or not isn't something I can judge. I suspect I am not the only one in that predicament.

The small arms sounds are hit-and-miss. In some cases (such as the German MGs, the BAR, the M2 .50 cal and the M1 carbine), BFC has made sure they sound distinct. But pretty much all the rest of the sounds are far too generic, as all of the rifles and the SMGs respectively share the same audio file. The Bren, M1917, M1919, and the Vickers all share the same sound as well.

Do they sound different in reality? Yes. I own a good number of the rifles simulated in the various WWII titles, and yes, they all have their distinct sound. The various Mosin carbines, for instance, have a significantly different sound than that of a standard M91/30, even though they share the same action. About the only rifles of mine that I can say "share" the same sound are the various models of Mausers I have (K98k, VZ24, and M24/47), but that's for fairly obvious reasons.

my understanding (and I could be totally off base) is that the sounds files have a disproportional hit on resources the more unique they are, hence the tendency to group sounds unless there is a very strong reason they need to be more distinctive (german MGs for example).

I don't really buy that. BFC could add more varied weapon sounds to the game, and it wouldn't hurt things at all. We're talking about very small audio files here, and even the most basic onboard audio sound card can handle them just fine.