Helmet Mod

I downloaded Saferight’s helmet mod from GAJ. I am trying to understand how to number the helmets I want. (Or if the number on the end of the file names need to be changed) Also how many different helmets can be displayed in the game at the same time? They look so cool I would like to have about 10 different ones displayed at the same time. However, unless I am doing something wrong, it seems the game will only let me have three or maybe four different helmets displayed. Should I choose the helmets I want and number them sequentially one through however many the game will allow? The helmets look so good I was wondering if they can also be used in CMBN and CMFI. Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Yes, number them consecutively. Unlike many other textures, helmets don't skip the number "1" so start with that and have at it, consecutively. I've had up to 30 in MG.

Thanks for the reply mj.

I can't get any helmet that has the number one behind the file name to display in the game. That is not a big deal, I can just skip number one. However I can only get four different helmets to display at the same time in the same mission. I seem to be able to get almost any four I want but no more than four at one time. What do you do to make more than four different helmets display at the same time?

BTW I highly recommend this mod. It does for the troops what Aris Mods does for vehicles. If you put saferight's helmet mod together with Aris wounded dirty faces mod and put those troops on the back of an assault gun or tank that has Aris vehicle mod it is cool as h@## looking. Takes the game to a different level.

Yes, number them consecutively. Unlike many other textures, helmets don't skip the number "1" so start with that and have at it, consecutively. I've had up to 30 in MG.

You sure about that? I have always done "helmet" then "helmet 2" etc. No number 1.

I can't get any helmet that has the number one behind the file name to display in the game. That is not a big deal, I can just skip number one. However I can only get four different helmets to display at the same time in the same mission. I seem to be able to get almost any four I want but no more than four at one time. What do you do to make more than four different helmets display at the same time?

As mentioned above I dont think number 1 is to be used. I have no problem having a lot of different helmets displayed (not sure what the upper limit is, if there is any), easily 30-40 different ones. What you need to make sure is that the file is named correcty. Just a small error and the helmet wont be displayed. Also that you dont have any other mod in the Z folder with helmets that can disrupt and replace the ones you want to show. Another thing, if the number sequence is broken this will result in that only the files up to that file where the error is will be displayed. Files after the one with the error wont be displayed. So the number sequence need to be unbroken for it to work.

About the number "1"... It may not show in game, but that is how German helmets are numbered in the default 100A brz file (smod_german_helmet-soldier 1), so that's how I numbered mine. I get way more than 4 helmets showing at a time, so I don't know what to tell you about that.

Here is how i have them it seems to work i'm not missing any of them in-game.

Untitled_zps71d7b62b.jpg~original

I believe the stock files start with smod_german_helmet-soldier then smod_german_helmet-solder 1 then so on. Always check for any errors in the naming ive wasted alot of time trying to figure out why some weren't showing to find i messed up in the naming or numbering.

"smod_german_helmet-soldier"

You always need the unnumbered one, but if a texture mod doesn't have one, the game should just go to the default one. Actually, because I like the default German helmets, I started numbering your mod with number 9 (or 8, can't remember how many default helmets there are, atm).