Old casualties not shown after exiting game?

76mm

I really like how the game now shows a unit's casualties in the unit panel, rather than having them simply disappear.

However, as far as I can tell, if a unit takes a casualty (which is shown in the unit panel) and then you save and exit the game, when you restart the game the casualty is no longer shown.

If this is what is happening, it seems like a bug, shouldn't the casualties shown throughout the entire scenario?

[EDIT] While I really having having the casualties shown, I'm not sure if I need the word "Casualty" spelled out. Maybe one of the modders could just replace with text with a red "X", and we'll get the message...

I really like how the game now shows a unit's casualties in the unit panel, rather than having them simply disappear.

However, as far as I can tell, if a unit takes a casualty (which is shown in the unit panel) and then you save and exit the game, when you restart the game the casualty is no longer shown.

If this is what is happening, it seems like a bug, shouldn't the casualties shown throughout the entire scenario?

[EDIT] While I really having having the casualties shown, I'm not sure if I need the word "Casualty" spelled out. Maybe one of the modders could just replace with text with a red "X", and we'll get the message...

That sounds like a bug. Are you positive thats what happens? Regarding modding the text, I believe its hard coded and thus not moddable.

That sounds like a bug. Are you positive thats what happens?

Not certain, although I was recently playing a scenario in which a two man German tank hunter team took one casualty. When I saved and exited the game (to load some mods) and when I can back to the game the casualty was gone.

In a previous game I noticed it with a SU-76 crew.

I will pay more attention and get some screen shots.

I am playing 2 player realtime autopause lan tcp/ip, and I am experiencing that sometimes the casualty text and weapon disappears after a while???!!! is that a bug????

Now that I'm playing more, I'm seeing this on a fairly regular basis, but actually casualties disappear during the game, not only when I save, exit, and re-enter. It seems to happen particularly often with two-man teams (AT, scout, FT).

It doesn't happen all the time, and of course with the couple of units I've tried to get screenshots with, all of the casualties remain...but I'll keep trying.

Now that I'm playing more, I'm seeing this on a fairly regular basis, but actually casualties disappear during the game, not only when I save, exit, and re-enter. It seems to happen particularly often with two-man teams (AT, scout, FT).

It doesn't happen all the time, and of course with the couple of units I've tried to get screenshots with, all of the casualties remain...but I'll keep trying.

Are you sure your wounded aren't just being buddy aided?

The casualties disappear after aid is applied so I think that's what you are mistaking that for.

The casualties disappear after aid is applied so I think that's what you are mistaking that for.

You might be right, but shouldn't the buddy-aided casualty still be shown as a casualty (ie, with the red text)?

I thought the point of showing the red "Casualty" text was to show when units had suffered casualties in the current scenario (instead of coming into the scenario in a depleted state).

While I really having having the casualties shown, I'm not sure if I need the word "Casualty" spelled out. Maybe one of the modders could just replace with text with a red "X", and we'll get the message...

And that is exactly what 'Vin's animated text' mod now does! :) Go get it!