2 paste contents to a folder - Data - "Z" - sound - bullets and shells - shots

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, thanks for the update.

Can i express on disappointing ? :D

i dare :P

i missed one background type by opus, i mean one complete background for Normandy / italy / russia...

There was optionnal background in the 1.4 of your mod i miss.

I know there are some optionnal choices in the new version, but not as "coherent" in my opinion...

By the way your sounds are better and better in each iteration and thanks a lot to share them

Hi, thanks for the update.

Can i express on disappointing ? :D

i dare :P

i missed one background type by opus, i mean one complete background for Normandy / italy / russia...

There was optionnal background in the 1.4 of your mod i miss.

I know there are some optionnal choices in the new version, but not as "coherent" in my opinion...

By the way your sounds are better and better in each iteration and thanks a lot to share them

all ambient sounds are in version 1.5, and I do not understand, you want a sound environment for all parts of the CM? probably better that they are different?

Sorry for my bad English...

I didn't recognize the same backgrounds optionnal... going to relisten them sorry if i was on mistake...

I don't think your backgrounds were not good enough. in fact the are well done.

What i wanted to tell is that i'm looking for one set of backgrounds typical for normandy firefight and ambience, one set with more sicily sounds and one for russian ambience (in this the last by default in the 1.5 is very good).

Sorry for my bad English...

I didn't recognize the same backgrounds optionnal... going to relisten them sorry if i was on mistake...

I don't think your backgrounds were not good enough. in fact the are well done.

What i wanted to tell is that i'm looking for one set of backgrounds typical for normandy firefight and ambience, one set with more sicily sounds and one for russian ambience (in this the last by default in the 1.5 is very good).

Quick question: Why don't you just use the ones you liked from 1.5?

I use them in RT, i feel the gave me good russian WWII ambience.

I used the ones "DDAY" in optionnal folder too, when i'm in a scenario concerned by heavy AA and airplanes.

What i missed is a background set less generic for used with each game.

But don't mind me, i'm never an happy man :eek:

I use them in RT, i feel the gave me good russian WWII ambience.

I used the ones "DDAY" in optionnal folder too, when i'm in a scenario concerned by heavy AA and airplanes.

What i missed is a background set less generic for used with each game.

But don't mind me, i'm never an happy man :eek:

I tried the default backrounds that was in the newest version but it confused me a bit since some of the background sounds sounded alot like the in-game sounds so I was looking for battles that weren't there.

Had to switch back to the vanilla ones because of that.

I tried the default backrounds that was in the newest version but it confused me a bit since some of the background sounds sounded alot like the in-game sounds so I was looking for battles that weren't there.

Had to switch back to the vanilla ones because of that.

when it comes to shooting, game engine mutes ambient noise and did not seem too loud;)

when it comes to shooting, game engine mutes ambient noise and did not seem too loud;)

I know, but I was playing a large battle and none of my troops were shooting, but every time I had a turn, I had to look at all my units to see if a firefight had broken out since it sounded like it every turn :P

I know, but I was playing a large battle and none of my troops were shooting, but every time I had a turn, I had to look at all my units to see if a firefight had broken out since it sounded like it every turn :P

I actually had the same thing. :)

The old 'distant guns' ambient sounds were less confusing. ;)

Hi waclaw

Thank you very much for the mac version - much appreciated. However... I think because I have a relatively old machine, the sounds don't come out right for me - sometimes significant delay between shot and sound, some sounds missing, significant echoes. A real shame as I really like the sounds. The default sounds are fine - perhaps they are smaller file sizes?

Thanks again for the time you put in. I'll go back to watching Oddballs comparison videos and dream of a better machine.

Hi waclaw

Thank you very much for the mac version - much appreciated. However... I think because I have a relatively old machine, the sounds don't come out right for me - sometimes significant delay between shot and sound, some sounds missing, significant echoes. A real shame as I really like the sounds. The default sounds are fine - perhaps they are smaller file sizes?

Thanks again for the time you put in. I'll go back to watching Oddballs comparison videos and dream of a better machine.

You should try my lightweight mod. Made specifically for people who can't run the heavy soundmods.

OK, tried both, and both are very good. Waclaw has a wider range of sounds in the smaller size files?

I just had a go at my saved game part way through Angriff - it sounded like World War 3 had gone off!! Now I'm scared to send anyone over the top - a major change in the atmosphere. Makes me sick for my men when I hear an AT gun fire in the distance and then the inevitable happens. Well done to the modders!!

:)

OK, tried both, and both are very good. Waclaw has a wider range of sounds in the smaller size files?

I just had a go at my saved game part way through Angriff - it sounded like World War 3 had gone off!! Now I'm scared to send anyone over the top - a major change in the atmosphere. Makes me sick for my men when I hear an AT gun fire in the distance and then the inevitable happens. Well done to the modders!!

:)

If his mod works for you, go for it! :)

I just did the lightweight mod using the original sounds to make sure there was an absolute minimal load on the computer, for those with old or low-powered computers.

If his mod works for you, go for it! :)

I just did the lightweight mod using the original sounds to make sure there was an absolute minimal load on the computer, for those with old or low-powered computers.

Thanks for thinking of the little guy. Just puts the mods on CMBN and enjoying another trip down Hells Highway in the Road to Nijmegen. Sigh, who needs reality?

• 3 months later...