Still no 7.92K for German resupply?

well that's good to know, thanks for that. I wonder if scenario designers new that, as none of my units with that ammo have supply. thank you

Generally speaking, the random individual MP44s that occasionally show up in squads will not have a resupply. In my personal opinion it would be best if those randomly appearing MP44s didn't randomly appear and that the MP 44 only showed up in formations that we know had them like the Panzer Brigades. The supply platoons are a new item added to the game. Unless there is some other reason for a designer to add a supply platoon I think it would be a little ridiculous to add one just so that one or two MP44s that randomly appear could get a few more magazines to load into their weapons.

I agree it would be ridiculous; i happen to think it's equally silly to tell Cpl. Heinz he better be careful because EVERYONE else but him gets more ammo. And bump up that silliness factor a BUNCH when the MP 44 is part of an assault team where we all know ammo literally evaporates.

Don't be a soup Nazi!

:)

I agree it would be ridiculous; i happen to think it's equally silly to tell Cpl. Heinz he better be careful because EVERYONE else but him gets more ammo. And bump up that silliness factor a BUNCH when the MP 44 is part of an assault team where we all know ammo literally evaporates.

Don't be a soup Nazi!

:)

In fairness, there were serious ammunition issues with the MP44. There were plenty of stocks of standard rifle and MG ammunition since they had been producing it for thirty or forty years. The kurz round was new and there was never enough ammunition to go around. German soldiers were known to bury or hide their MP44s and grab a different weapon rather than run around with a weapon that only had a magazine or two. So having an MP44 with no reloads is probably more accurate from a historical perspective.

In fairness, there were serious ammunition issues with the MP44. There were plenty of stocks of standard rifle and MG ammunition since they had been producing it for thirty or forty years. The kurz round was new and there was never enough ammunition to go around. German soldiers were known to bury or hide their MP44s and grab a different weapon rather than run around with a weapon that only had a magazine or two. So having an MP44 with no reloads is probably more accurate from a historical perspective.

well fair enough, i can't argue with that. but since we can't ditch weapons like that, something else has to give i think. A MilSim dedicated to fidelity in combat has to make accommodations with practicality and i think the one they've made with 7.92K needs reworking.

Come to think of it it's like this.

If you are playing against the German squads you don't need to care about it. The AI doesn't use area targeting and the MP44s won't run outta ammo. Hence the AI's fighting power doesn't really decrease.

OTOH, if you're playing with the German squads it becomes an inconvenience cause suddenly after 8 clips of mags you've got a few dead meats in your platoon. To make matters worse, better pray that the MP44 guys don't die. Otherwise their empty rifle's gonna be picked up by someone else and they in turn ends up useless.

If I have a way to tell the pTruppens to "bury or hide their MP44s" while buddy aiding I would. It's one reason I somehow preferred FI to BN cause the best they had there was ... G43s.

And then there are SturmGrendadier platoons that only have MP44s. And no resupply. So they can't lay down any suppressive fire to speak of, and will run out of ammo if they have a couple of hot turns.

What happened to the selectable options for what resupply was, erm, supplied?

And then there are SturmGrendadier platoons that only have MP44s. And no resupply. So they can't lay down any suppressive fire to speak of, and will run out of ammo if they have a couple of hot turns.

What happened to the selectable options for what resupply was, erm, supplied?

There are no Sturmgrenadier platoons in CMRT. The ones in CMBN Market Garden come with quite a bit of 7.92K in their organic HTs, IIRC.