Random Events?

Short clip below is from first mission, Road to Nijmegen.

One of my platoon HQ is waaaaaay back from the action. Platton leader is plugged out of nowhere. Extremely unlikely that this is due to an unseen German unit.

Does CMBN have random events, things that just happen out of the blue with no onboard LOS/interaction required? Or am I just not policing my rear echelon areas properly?

http://youtu.be/uKPTlwOCfcI

"Random" events do happen in CM, but they're probably better termed "arbitrary" and they're always a consequence of an action taken in-game. The ATG missed shot that takes out the CO's vehicle behind a bocage 500m past the natural target (that's been shot at before and hasn't moved since, so should be spotted - that Panther sucked up the entire ammo load of a 57mm ATG, having been panic-dismounted by the first shot; ricochets or misses killed half a dozen). The tank round that decapitates a sniper, passes through the back of the barn he was hiding in and treebursts 200m further back causing casualties.

They'd all be "random" if you couldn't see the whole picture... There doesn't need to be a random events generator on top of that.