CMFI demo no longer working with CMBN

bazinga

I tried the CMFI demo and on the strength of that bought and installed the complete CMBN bundle.

However, when I now start CMFI demo I get the message 'Error Detected Unable to load the license for this application. Please contact your vendor for assistance."

I am a MAC user and the CMFI demo and CFBN are in separate folders in the default applications folder.

I would like to continue playing the 4 FI demo battles with a friend so can any help here. I don't want to affect the full CMBN installation though.

Thanks

That just makes me wonder: I am going to upgrade my PC next week from 2GB to 4GB RAM and add a second hard drive. That will probably be enough to unlicense my Combat Mission copies? (SF, A, BN, FI plus all modules for all games).

This is as preparation for a change from XP to Windows 7 next month, so I will use two licenses for everything in one month?

That just makes me wonder: I am going to upgrade my PC next week from 2GB to 4GB RAM and add a second hard drive. That will probably be enough to unlicense my Combat Mission copies? (SF, A, BN, FI plus all modules for all games).

This is as preparation for a change from XP to Windows 7 next month, so I will use two licenses for everything in one month?

You might not have this problem; I don't know if it occurs with PC users. The only cases I've seen of this kind of thing that I can recall were with Macs.

Michael

Nothing changed at all on my Mac.

Downloaded CMFI demo on Monday, played a few demo games. Purchased CMBN on Thursday (big bundle), applied all the upgrades and patches in the right order (it works fine).

Tried CMFI demo again on Friday and I got that message.

Solved:

I deleted the CMFI demo, downloaded the demo DMG again and reloaded it. It now works.

I can only assume that my CMBN full version patched it or somehow updated the demo version as part of its install process hence causing the issue. Deleting and reinstalling CMFI Demo after the full CMBN is finished solves the issue.

Thanks to all contributors here.

I have never heard of this happening with a simple RAM expansion. Usually it's things like videocard and complete motherboard changes that invalidate licenses. So you *should* be fine until you switch to win7.

If you really want to be sure you can always do the ram expansion at the same time as the windows switch. That way you're sure you'll only need the one new install.

Step one executed, RAM increased and new hard drive, no problems with current activations, so that is fine.

Next step will be going from XP to Windows 7 (x64).

Any advise on the installation procedure wrt administrative rights?

I don't install an aggressive Virus Checker, just the free Microsoft thingy.

My account will be in the administrators group.

I plan to install to D:\Games\Battlefront, not to C:\Program Files\Battlefront

so I assume I don't need to enhance the installer to 'run as administrator'?

And I will not have to run the game 'run as administrator'?