Hungarian 1st Cav Division?

I would certainly expect them along with the other Hungarians and Roumanians (and other German formations like the Waffen SS) to be included but maybe not in the initial release. BF tend to release them in expansions to the initial release. I would expect something being produced two or hree months after the initial realease covering the Lvov Sandomir Operation and the autumn fighting such as the Debrecen battles (would also cover the fighting in Poland) At this point I would expect to be seeing many of the above formations to be added as was done with CMFI ann Normandy/Market Garden.

Hm, I can't see how they wouldn't appear in the initial release. They were in action by the end of June already. But anyways, would be nice to have some detail on how/when the Germans' allies appear in the game.

Because the initial release is not intended to represent every single unit involved in the fighting during Bagration; if this were the goal, you'd all be waiting at least an additional six months for the game. CMx2 TOEs are far more detailed and complicated than they were in CMx1, so it takes a lot of time and effort to put them together.

Rather, the initial release will include the predominant TOEs involved in this theatre. Less common vehicles, nationalities, and formations such as the Hungarian 1st Cavalry are good candidates for follow up modules. (Disclaimer: I have no idea when, or even if, Hungarian TOEs will be included in the game. Seems likely to me they'll be included at some point, but don't view this post as a confirmation one way or the other).

It's the same way things were done with CMBN. For example, even though some Fallshirmjaeger units were involved in the Normandy fighting from an early date, they were not included with the initial release, but rather offered in a later module. I'd expect a similar pattern with CMRT.

Yes, of the units fighting in the core of the Bagration fight we also don't have Luftwaffe Field Divisions. We also don't have LW HG PzDiv or SS Divisions which played prominent roles in the fighting outside of Warsaw. Nor do we have Romanian divisions that were a part of the follow up operations that lead to Romania being knocked out of the war. And let's not forget about the Finns, because they won't let us :D

There's just too much stuff to do all at once. Which is why the Eastern Front is both exciting for military historians and at the same time depressing for us game developers :D

Steve

Yes, of the units fighting in the core of the Bagration fight we also don't have Luftwaffe Field Divisions. We also don't have LW HG PzDiv or SS Divisions which played prominent roles in the fighting outside of Warsaw. Nor do we have Romanian divisions that were a part of the follow up operations that lead to Romania being knocked out of the war. And let's not forget about the Finns, because they won't let us :D

There's just too much stuff to do all at once. Which is why the Eastern Front is both exciting for military historians and at the same time depressing for us game developers :D

Steve

Okay, I get it. Yes, I know, it's a tough assignment but that's why you're the best of the best in this field, right?

As I understand now, you don't exclude the possibility of adding these units at a later stage...or do you? In CMBB you had them all, Finns, Romanians, Hungarians that's the only reason why I'm asking.

If they are added eventually however don't expect them to have horses. It's a long running joke on these forums to ask for horses but the serious answer is they would take an enormous amount of time to code to work in the game properly.

Nope, I'd be happy with the tanks they used: Turán I and Turán II (how imaginative.)