Alternative to Dropbox?

Can anyone recommend a decent alternative to Dropbox for pbem games? I had been using h2hh successfully for quite a while but in the last couple of weeks it's become ridiculously slow to upload game turns once they get above 10mb in size. It's literally taking 24 hours to upload a 20mb turn and longer still if you dare to upload 2 or 3 pbem fights.

A 4.6mb turn uploads in minutes so it must be a bottleneck that Dropbox enforce for larger files. It just endlessly syncs for hours and I am having to leave the PC on for hours on end to allow it to complete.

I even got my line and broadband checked in case it was me but all was good on that front.

I have also over ridden the bandwidth option on Dropbox to give if full priority but it's made no difference.

Any other suggestions? Think 20mb is too unwieldy through email as well.

Anyone else suffering this problem for large turns?

Can anyone recommend a decent alternative to Dropbox for pbem games? I had been using h2hh successfully for quite a while but in the last couple of weeks it's become ridiculously slow to upload game turns once they get above 10mb in size. It's literally taking 24 hours to upload a 20mb turn and longer still if you dare to upload 2 or 3 pbem fights.

A 4.6mb turn uploads in minutes so it must be a bottleneck that Dropbox enforce for larger files. It just endlessly syncs for hours and I am having to leave the PC on for hours on end to allow it to complete.

I even got my line and broadband checked in case it was me but all was good on that front.

I have also over ridden the bandwidth option on Dropbox to give if full priority but it's made no difference.

I may be misreading what you say above (my bold bit), but H2HH has nothing to do with uploading the files. H2HH simply copies them from the game's location on your machine to the machine's local copy of your dropbox folder; it is dropbox itself that then maintains the sync between your machine's dropbox copy and the Cloud copy, that your oppo's can then see ... You could use H2HH without dropbox or vice versa.

And - though no help to you I know, nor answer to your thread title question - in amongst the games I am playing there is at least one with 15mb + file sizes that upload and download with no problem ... AFAIK my oppo has no dropbox problems with the files either. I don't know if there is a file size threshold above which dropbox "doesn't like to play", to discourage users from large file sizes, but if there is I haven't hit it - yet!

Perhaps some other factor of your internet setup? (Upload speeds are - usually - much much slower than download speeds.) Does your oppo have the same dropbox problems with those large files at his end?

I don't think it's a drop box problem. I have a PBEM game running at the moment where I am sending files of 38MB and it takes about 15 minutes to go through.

hmm, 38mb in 15mins, that's interesting and a complete contrast to my experience.

As I say, got the line and upload speeds checked and told they were normal for a domestic residence. So it may be something else that's choking the syncing by dropbox. No problem with h2hh, I realise its the dropbox side of things.

Will do some more googling to see if I can find out what it may be.