CM withdrawal?

Rick

Guest Big Time Software

Free time. It is tough to deal with, and we wish you well! I'm having 10 relatives up for Christmas, and since I already showed them CM at Thanksgiving, I have run out of excuses to at least play around with it some during the festivities. I don't know what I am going to do!

Oh, on the bright side, my Mother in-law has been dying for a ride in my M29c Weasel, as have my cousins. So at least I have a drive around to look forward to smile.gif

Steve

I'll just have to get my CM fix vs. Bil and Robert, I guess.

Rick, please be so kind as to let me know when you're leaving/returning, so I know not to fill your mailbox with "where are you?" questions and assertions that you are deliberately avoiding playing me. And, of course, enjoy seeing your family!

DjB

The 4 most crushing words in the english language.

SHE brought a date wink.gif...

Doug, the best thing in this situation is to fall back on a carefully regimented regime of denial, babbling, extreme taunting of PBEM opponents and redoing the face textures of all opposing soldiers in CM to resemble the date and using view level 1 as you slaughter them.

Umm, of course, if you choose you could just be mature about it and move on but that's not as much fun wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Fionn said:

"The 4 most crushing words in the english language.

SHE brought a date ..."

And it gets better from there, but I won't go into gory detail. Let's just say that I strongly suspect that the person she left with was NOT the same person she arrived with. (which, in my book, completely destroys her attractiveness)

DjB

"Let's just say that I strongly suspect that the person she left with was NOT the same person she arrived with."

Oh, man! Doug, you can definitely do better than that! Or you might wind up with a newly discovered disease named after you!

Dar

Threads like this are fun. One finds out a lot about his fellow CM fans as well as having fun. Sounds like Fionn and Steve both married into families that appreciate them despite the fact that they are wargamers. How did you guys find women that didn't think this was too weird to be around? I can't find anyone who can appreciate the two things I love to do; wildlife photography and wargaming.

Doug,

At least these guys don't tell us how great we have it being single. I once heard someone say that being a single guy means short periods of incredible fun interrupted by long periods of terrible loneliness. I would pretty much agree with that, except sometimes a guy gets used to the loneliness. However, getting used to the loneliness, sometimes scares me that I may be getting a little loose in the mental health department.

Doug,

I understood what you meant--I was just saying I hope you don't try to be the next guy she goes home with. Or years from now we might hear about the dreaded, genital-eating bacteria "Leptospirosis Dougus Bemanus"!

smile.gif

Dar

I dont understand women these days, you bring 'em home fire up CM and then they're just gone... Not a word said, well I don't remember them saying anything at least nothing important. Whats their deal??? Sheesh, dating....

Lokesa,

No kidding, I don't understand something like CM should be a babe magnet right? wink.gif

Seriously, I'd be happy if I could find a woman that didn't question my sanity when I say I like to play wargames. Most of the women I know give a guy "that look" when they hear something like that. You know the one that says "I'm staying as far away from him as I can because he's probably a crazed lunatic."

Forgot to mention, that once I was seeing a shrink because of depression. I mentioned that finding friends has been hard because I haven't found many people who share my interests of wildlife photography and wargaming. He said that he thinks I intentionally chose these interests to stay away from people. Shortly afterward, I lost my job and between the lack of money and the fact that I felt the therapy was going nowhere, I stopped.

Guest Madmatt

Well since Fionn is the only person here that really knows much about my HIDDEN past I will try and keep silent on the subject of women but I do have one nugget of wisdom to share with the assembled masses...

Someone asked the question:

"Where can you find a woman who appreciates wargaming?"

Answer: "It has to be damp!"

Blatently stolen from The Addams Family Values...

Madmatt out

Guest John Maragoudakis

Why is it that ex military girls don't follow up with wargames? could it be that they weren't in the army for the same reasons?

Just got married last June and I am fortunate that my wife not only understands my wargamming ways but has tried her hand at CM. Last night she VOLUNTEERED to give up the desktop to me for CM and use the laptop to write her 30 page paper for school.

Doug and Rick last time I was single it I hated it so I know what you're talking about. So count me among those who don't envy the single life. And Doug I'll play ya some PBEM if you want.

I will dispense my knowledge here.

Rick,

Yes Matt's hidden past IS scary. Let us never speak of it again.

John,

My personal theory is that women in the military are in it for the OTHER women in the military wink.gif.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Madmatt

Hehehee Maybeee....

Lets just say that the people who used to 'run' into me were likely to remember the event....Very Likely! biggrin.gif

Madmatt out and remaining an enigma...for now

*** Extra CMHQ bonus points if you can guess my Former occupation! wink.gif

And NO it has nothing to do with cross-dressing! I said FORMER....oh..Whoops! redface.gif

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 12-17-99).]

>>>>>>>>> My personal theory is that women in the military are in it for the OTHER women in the military <<<<<<<<<

My own conclusion is the opposite. At the risk of offending any woman foolish enough to enter this den of thieves, the women I met in the service were in it for the guys, because that was the only way they could get them. The babes in the recruiting commercials are all squirreled away by the generals at division HQ, leaving the lower echelons with, um... those not ready for prime time. But when you go to a place like Saudi, where the natives are DEFINITELY off limits, or pull a week of guard duty at some forgotten ammo dump way out in the sticks, well... Let's just say I know a few girls who got busted trying to mail home seabags full of small bills, and have seen entire returning guard detachments in line for the silver bullet.

I lived with The Bitch for 2 years, then was married for 6 years, 2 months, and 12.5 days. Of HELL. Not that I'm bitter, mind you wink.gif. Sure, there were some good times. I just find it hard to remember them when I don't have to clear 200 pounds of makeup bottles and tampax boxes off the bathroom counter to brush my teeth, etc etc etc. So I much prefer being single--I'll take Miss Right Now over Miss Right any time smile.gif.

-Bullethead

[This message has been edited by Bullethead (edited 12-18-99).]

OK Madmatt, let me take a crack at this. Of course you should have made it multiple choice so tell me if I'm warm or cold...

1)Pro demolition derby driver.

2)Evil marathon runner - one of those guys who pushes other runners into the crowd.

3)Mob informant - hey the only clue is 'run'

4)Hairy Krishna at airport.

5)Pilot (gawd I hope not)

6)Supertanker Captain (can you tell I'm graping at straws here)

7)Reformed transvestite (oh, you said former, sorry)

8)Surgeon (shudder)

9)NYC taxi driver

10)Comedy club manager

Craig (broadcasting from the middle of a blizzard)

Guest Madmatt

Craig,

Hehhee smile.gif Good guesses all but there is ONE word in #10 that is VERY close to what I did, or at least is connected in a way!

Madmatt out...