Scenario Factory assembly line concept

The role of the French ATG seems to be contentious - the 'updated' research on the Tank Museum website suggest it was indeed there, but:

In response to Dale’s research The Tank Museum recently carried out putty tests (left) on Tiger 131’s turret which showed that the shell which disabled it had been fired from a Churchill tank which was supporting the Foresters from quite a distance behind.

Either way it was a lucky hit in the turret ring area which jammed the turret and crew thought 'bugger that we're off'.  If I had been the commander (CM style of course) I would have ordered reverse, but I assume they thought it was worse than it was.

Just a quick snippet, I'll get onto your questions shortly...

I'm assuming from what I've read that it was a 6 pdr Churchill, so I think a Mk III?  This from Wiki page on the Churchill tank:

A Churchill tank in a hull down defensive position made a particular contribution to Allied success. In one encounter, on 21 April 1943, during the start of the Battle of Longstop Hill, a Churchill tank of the 48th Royal Tank Regiment got the better of a German Tiger I heavy tank. A 6 pounder shot from the Churchill lodged between the Tiger's turret and turret ring, jamming the turret and injuring the German crew. They abandoned the Tiger, which was subsequently captured by the British. Known as Tiger 131, this was the first Tiger captured by the Western Allies and was particularly useful for intelligence. Tiger 131 has since been restored to full working condition and is now on display at The Tank Museum in Dorset, UK. As of early 2021, it is the only working Tiger tank in the world.[43]

Apart from a couple of Mk IIs (if they hadn't been KO'd) I think the other Churchills in Tunisia at that time were all Mark IIIs?  I'm no expert so please correct me if I'm wrong and don't take it as bible.

As for the German infantry forces there, there is mention of the 999th Light Afrika Division.  It has an interesting write-up on Wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/999th_Light_Afrika_Division_(Wehrmacht)

As a penal unit with a history of anti-Nazi behaviour and later surrenders without a fight it may not have been the best performing unit in the battle.