Editor question: creating a platoon from single vehicles?

Hi all. There are a lot of great single vehicles in the editor that I'd like to incorporate as platoons etc in a scenario. I.e., four tanks plus an HQ tank for example. The "pre-packaged" formations in the editor have limited options for units relative to what's available in the game as a whole. Thanks in advance!

You can add any single vehicle to a formation in the editor. You can also delete all the existing vehicles except the platoon HQ. So find the vehicle you want as the HQ wherever it resides in the TO&E, add whatever you want from Single Vehicles (by purchasing them with the platoon selected on the right), then delete what you don't want.

Thx akd. I guess I have a few questions tho. If I add a vehicle to a formation will the vehicle automatically receive the leadership modifier etc from the nearest HQ - esp if it's not even the same vehicle type? Plus, it'd just be better to "create" a platoon if poss bc having the unit part of a larger formation helps for controlling them in battle. For example when you dbl-click & hi-lite all the vehicles in a formation so you can better see that you have the entire unit generally on the same task. I don't believe a single vehicle added to a formation would be hilited and you have to remember to get to it.

Anyway, this whole question emanates from some frustrating time I've spent in the editor trying to find decent head-to-head vehicle matchups. I think I'll start a thread asking for advice on it too. Thanks for the reply tho!

If I add a vehicle to a formation will the vehicle automatically receive the leadership modifier etc from the nearest HQ - esp if it's not even the same vehicle type?

A single vehicle added to a platoon is part of the platoon just like any of the ones that started out there.

Plus, it'd just be better to "create" a platoon if poss bc having the unit part of a larger formation helps for controlling them in battle.

Yeah, that is not possible. The way BFC have created the editor is start with a canned formation and modify.

For example when you dbl-click & hi-lite all the vehicles in a formation so you can better see that you have the entire unit generally on the same task. I don't believe a single vehicle added to a formation would be hilited and you have to remember to get to it.

If you add single vehicles to a platoon then double clicking a member of that platoon will highlight them all. If you add them to the company then it will work for the company HQ.

If the single vehicle is added to the platoon then it will be considered part of the platoon. Select the platoon in the unit editor, then find a single unit to add to it. I think a yellow arrow shows in the unit editor when this happens.

Yes, thanks! Duhhhh on my part. I think I didn't make sure I was adding a unit while having the proper platoon selected. Thx!