WMD & Casualties?

Are gas and atomic bombs included in the appropriate places in the scenarios included with the game?

I know there is a Loss Table that shows the loss of units, but is there somewhere that tallys up the strength points lost, thus somewhat reflecting the losses in manpower?

WMDs and Atomic Bombs aren't represented as such, but in the Graphs section that is contained within the same area where you've been looking at the Loss Table, you can see the MPP cost value of casualties.

Every MPP worth of casualties will impact to the same value on the National Morale of the Major suffering those casualties, so inflicting losses will help bring them to their knees.

I'm a bit surprised as gas was definately used in WW1 and could have been in WW2. Not to mention everyone was working on an atomic bomb, even the Japanese though like Nanking that is buried.

Confused as to which report shows "the MMP cost value of casualties". Checked the Manual and it has clearly not been updated to the current game version. Going to Reports -> Losses I find that Russia has been the big loser at this point having lost 13. Checking the Units button I find that 13 represents 13 units of all types, so that is not what I'm looking for. Checking Graphs I find what might be the answer on the graph MMPs. One of the lines tracks "Lost (units)" and displays a total, for my Russians it is 6117 MMPs, which seems reasonable. Experimented and tracked the first on map British losses and the Graph page Lost (units) Total seems to accurately reflect the loss.

With your assurance that the info was in there somewhere I figured it out, but an up-to-date Manual would be nice.

UPDATE

Looked at the numbers again and I realize I still have no data on numbers of personnel losses. What I have is a report of the number of MPPs lost due to damage to a unit.

In one of my saves, I have a British unit right beside several German units and at this point there have been no British losses at all. I destroy the 10 sized British unit and then check the Reports->Losses->Units and find that it reports the loss of one British corps. Checking Reports->Losses->Graphs->MPPs->British Lost (units) Total I see a loss of 226 MPPs, which is surely the cost of producing the destroyed British corps. And since the cost of production reflects a combination of both the hard goods and the personnel needed to form a corps, I am back to no idea about personnel losses.

So, I'm back to my original question - is there a way to track personnel losses?

Casualties are a constant thread in most histories of WW1 and I'm curious to compare my losses with the historical ones. At this point, I'm thinking it can't be done, but hoping I'm missing something.

Oh, and another thought and suggestion for future versions - the bar graph at Reports->Losses is kinda useless. It reports the number of UNITS lost, be they HQs, Corps, Armies, submarine flotillas? or aircraft whatevers? A much more informative graph would report the losses in term of MPP value lost.

Hi Akmatov,

Speaking for the personnel losses question, this is correct, we don't have specific personnel loss stats but rather MPPs lost due to unit damage or destruction.

Oh, and another thought and suggestion for future versions - the bar graph at Reports->Losses is kinda useless. It reports the number of UNITS lost, be they HQs, Corps, Armies, submarine flotillas? or aircraft whatevers? A much more informative graph would report the losses in term of MPP value lost.

The MPP chart shows the losses in terms of MPP value lost.

Hubert

I'm a bit surprised as gas was definately used in WW1 and could have been in WW2.

True, and we decided to incorporate it with shell production as after 1915, its use was mainly as an artillery weapon, fired by shells.

Having it released from cannisters as it was in the 1915 battles on the western front wasn't going to be easy to represent, so we chose to include it with improvements in artillery, hence the research tech of Gas/Shell Production.