New file at the Repository: Force-Specific Backgrounds Blue.zip (2013-10-22)

Hi Saferight.

Thanks for making an extra set of force specific backgrounds (FSB). Variety is always nice, and this is why Jim Rinkenberger and myself have already uploaded sets of FSBs each (I got Jim's kind permission to include his set in my own - to avoid "collisions").

Unfortunately your sets collide with our joint sets.

To make sure the community benefits the most from all of our sets, may I suggest you do as follows before you update your sets:

1) Check out (DL and explode) my (and Jim's) FSB set to eliminate the existing - as well as future - duplicate pics. You can find them here:

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/4866/details

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/4865/details

(These sets arent uploaded to the repository because they are too large)

2) Number your sets sequentially from the highest number of the previous set. That means the first numbers in your sets should be 148 for red and 172 for blue.

Doing this will ensure that players can use your set of FSBs in conjunction with Jim' s and my own - instead of forcing them to choose between the sets.

Looking forward to your new pics.

Cheers

Umlaut

Hi Saferight.

Thanks for making an extra set of force specific backgrounds (FSB). Variety is always nice, and this is why Jim Rinkenberger and myself have already uploaded sets of FSBs each (I got Jim's kind permission to include his set in my own - to avoid "collisions").

Unfortunately your sets collide with our joint sets.

To make sure the community benefits the most from all of our sets, may I suggest you do as follows before you update your sets:

1) Check out (DL and explode) my (and Jim's) FSB set to eliminate the existing - as well as future - duplicate pics. You can find them here:

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/4866/details

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/4865/details

(These sets arent uploaded to the repository because they are too large)

2) Number your sets sequentially from the highest number of the previous set. That means the first numbers in your sets should be 148 for red and 172 for blue.

Doing this will ensure that players can use your set of FSBs in conjunction with Jim' s and my own - instead of forcing them to choose between the sets.

Looking forward to your new pics.

Cheers

Umlaut

I understand the reasoning but I'm not, if someone wants to combine them with others go ahead but I'm not taking my time to. An yes numbering these are a pain in the ass thus why I'm not doing mine over again sorry. I think I tried to pass a lot of what I had on to you awhile ago it didn't work an got no reply back.

I understand the reasoning but I'm not, if someone wants to combine them with others go ahead but I'm not taking my time to. An yes numbering these are a pain in the ass thus why I'm not doing mine over again sorry. I think I tried to pass a lot of what I had on to you awhile ago it didn't work an got no reply back.

Hi Saferight

Yes, I remember you sent me all those files back in march. I just didn´t realise it was the same guy. Very sorry about that.

You see, when you contacted me back then I had just finished my set of CMBN backgrounds and was in deeply buried in the process of making backgrounds for CMFI Gustav Line.

So I had a quick look at the pics and saved them (at least that is what I thought I did) to have a look at them at a later time (I thought, I told you that. If I didn´t then I´m very sorry). Because once I finished the Gustav Line backgrounds I was pretty sick of making FSB, to be honest.

Unfortunately, I just haven´t had the time to get around to them yet. And now you beat me to it.

Cheers

Umlaut

Hi Saferight

Yes, I remember you sent me all those files back in march. I just didn´t realise it was the same guy. Very sorry about that.

You see, when you contacted me back then I had just finished my set of CMBN backgrounds and was in deeply buried in the process of making backgrounds for CMFI Gustav Line.

So I had a quick look at the pics and saved them (at least that is what I thought I did) to have a look at them at a later time (I thought, I told you that. If I didn´t then I´m very sorry). Because once I finished the Gustav Line backgrounds I was pretty sick of making FSB, to be honest.

Unfortunately, I just haven´t had the time to get around to them yet. And now you beat me to it.

Cheers

Umlaut

No worries mate its all gravy.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the backgrounds, Saferight. Something you'd might consider: some of the archival photos are, unlike the pix that came with CMBN, very low resolution. Have you considered making a condensed version that includes only the higher rez ones?

I really went for quantity over quality on this, some I thought were good shots I didn't want to exclude despite being crappy resolutions to begin with an then have to stretch the size even more.. Google image search (the search by image thing is very cool) has helped me find higher res versions of a lot I had on my computer an I've browsed even more from the ww2 pic topics on forums. I still didn't go through it all looking for better resolutions. A lot I didn't bother to resize totally cause they were small as hell an doing that cut too much out of the images.

Another thing at least to me there's a big difference in the amount of Allied photos I can find that are in 1024x768 or larger compared to German. The Germans in general its more of a mixed bag an you can notice that in the differences in image quality an quantity in the Blue and Red files. The US Army Signal Corps photos are a great example there's a lot of excellent quality shots available from this source June to September '44. Compare those photos to the Germans Bundesarchiv photos which despite being very good images but tend to be smaller.

I'm going to start searching more thoroughly an see what I can scrounge together to make a high res only version for everyone.