Bazookas/PanzerFausts

Ha ha, Pionn is such a hypocrite. He screams to "bring me some proof". And yet, when I asked HIM to do the same once he just bobbed and weaved as he’s doing yet again.

Well, I supposed every BUS has to have it’s pompous ass. Now don’t anyone go pointing out any of this to Pionn, he’ll try to frame what you’re saying as some sort of “conspiracy” theory, even when one wasn’t remotely alluded to-his way of avoiding the facts.

Notice how reacts when anyone challenges this “Historical Manager”? Not very stable, I’d say.

Don’t worry, I laughing about it and you should too. Laughing at our own little leprechaun.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fionn:

Don't tell me I was getting personal here because you where the one getting personal. If you disagree I suggest you scroll up some posts and find out for yourself. I couldn't care less if you where Eisenhowers advisor if you say something that I disagree with you can count on that I will let you know and that goes for Steve (or anyone else) too for that matter. No matter how much paper you got saying that 16 kg's can't be run with I'll tell you that even I can do that + I got first hand experience with something similar.

Moon:

Like I replied to Steve I have absolutely no problems whatsoever with the fact that the shrecks can't run. I wasn't even after changing the code in the game. I understand the obvious shortcomings of the system and respect that, it's when Fionn is starting to tell that Shrecks in an historical sense can't be run with I'm disagreeing with. I'm still convinced you can run with the shreck + ammo. Everything is relative tho.. how long, well only the individuals can tell. At least a couple of hundred meters... at least.

Not to trivialize a tragic and horrid event but... "Can't we all just get along?"

I mean REALLY! Absolutely NOTHING is going to get solved here. NOT ONE DAMN THING! Each 'side' in this PATHETIC argument will not listen nor make concessions to the other. They ALL add, this isn't personal, and then say something like you started it, GROW UP! EVERYONE! I liked this board because it used to be civil! There were discussions, not arguments!

I am on some other boards, filled with constant harassment, name calling, and whatnot. Even though this argument is indeed much more civil (nobody's mother has yet been insulted) it is ruining this board and causes friction! Friction is bad, usually causes heat, resulting in nearby explosives going off No matter how much evidence you all post for your sides nobody is suddenly going to have a revelation that OH! I WAS WRONG! The only thing that could be worse than listening to more pointless argument is if they send us to that horible Planet of the Apes... wait a minute... Statue of Liberty... THAT WAS OUR PLANET! DAMN YOU!! THEY BLEW IT UP!! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!! sob...

Schrodi, you should stop being so offensive. Just some friendly advice.

Moon, how about allowing schreck teams to run(don't worry, I'm not a "schreck-should-run" zealot), but making them get tired and weary much more quickly than an infantry squad?

I'm not really sure what I think about this issue, but I do know that you guys should NOT be insulting one another.

------------------

Jeff

--

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

-Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

[This message has been edited by JeffRaider (edited 12-08-99).]

On the AT-Brens:

In "Die Deutsche Panzerjägertruppe 1935-1945" (Fleisher&Eiermann) the "Gepanzerten Mashinengewehrträger Br. 732 (e)" is mentioned.

A picture taken in Italy shows eight Brens mounting the three barrel thingey (launcher or holding rack yet to be shown) lined up as part of a "Panzerzerstörer-kompanie".

Now the text makes quite clear that these were not self propelled weapon carrier (i.e. the Panzerschrecks were not fired from the three barrel mounting/rack), but rather that they were intended as transports for the weapons, ammunition and crews.

That’s that from that source at least.

M.

[This message has been edited by Mattias (edited 12-09-99).]

Guest Big Time Software

I'm closing this thread up because it is long and, IMHO, stupid. Yup, I am using the word that everybody hates to hear smile.gif

Way back in this thread I clearly stated that there is NO middle ground for units running. Either they can run, or they can not. There is not enough subtleness in the code to allow a unit to sorta run, then be forced to take a breather for 10 minutes (or whatever the realistic case should be). So because of that, some units are not allowed to run EVEN THOUGH any unit realistically could sprint at least a short distance in open terrain once in a while. The Panzerschreck team fails our weight/bulk test, as do MMG, HMG, Piat, and a number of other units. So deal with it.

To use some other personal experience here, I have a 16ft ladder. It weighs at least 20 pounds, if not more. I can certainly run with it in a straight line in open ground, and can dodge a little left and right. So I could say that a PS team should be able to run too, since my load is far more cumbersome and akward. But does that mean I can go running around my back yard, darting from cover to cover, through brush and trees, for 60 seconds even, without paying some huge price for it? No. Should I be able to keep up with someone running next to me with nothing heavy? No. Why? Because it is physically impossible.

Howard's last post basically shows this. How many times do you think you (meaning anybody out there) could have sprinted with the CG during that long march? And for what duration and under what circumstances? How long would it take to recover from any lengthy sprint, assuming you don't have the luxury to hand the load off to someone else? Also assume that you haven't been well fed and well rested either. Right now CM would allow you to sprint an unlimited number of times, regardless of distance, with MINIMAL recovery time, no matter what. That is what we are not allowing here.

When CM has the ability to more realistically penalize a unit for sprinting, THEN (and only then) will we allow units like PS teams to sprint. Until then, they will not be allowed to run.

And if you guys think we should make all AT teams equal, we could make the Bazookas not be allowed to run as well, but we are NOT going to allow PS and Piat teams to run because people want them to. However, we think that is unfair to penalize the Bazooka teams, since they *do* pass our weight/bulk test. So we don't want to do this.

Steve