Panzerschreck

In the Bear Claws scenario, I noted that two of the German squads carry a Panzerschreck into battle. Sounds stange to me with an 1.6m long, 11kg heavy beast. Considering ammo and re-loading, one would expect two man teams to handle a Panzerschreck.

Well, my guys managed to kill one of the Shermans in their advance, but:

As far as I remember, the official doctrine was to use Panzerschrecks from interlocking fixed positions. With plenty of alternate positions, because the smoke plumes made nice targets after the first shot.

Does anybody have an idea how realistic Panzerschrecks in "normal" squads are?

In the Bear Claws scenario, I noted that two of the German squads carry a Panzerschreck into battle. Sounds stange to me with an 1.6m long, 11kg heavy beast. Considering ammo and re-loading, one would expect two man teams to handle a Panzerschreck.

Well, my guys managed to kill one of the Shermans in their advance, but:

As far as I remember, the official doctrine was to use Panzerschrecks from interlocking fixed positions. With plenty of alternate positions, because the smoke plumes made nice targets after the first shot.

Does anybody have an idea how realistic Panzerschrecks in "normal" squads are?

The Panzershreks are just assigned to the squads as that was typical of how they were split up, but you as the player can 'split off' the Panzershrek team from the squad if you want to use them as a separate team. Just use the 'Split AT team' button in the Administrative section and Presto! you have a two man Panzershrek team.

And splitting the AT team off gives other advantages than "feeling right" :)

The two man team is stealthier than the squad entire, both because it's smaller and because it's not trying to do "infantry squad" fighting that will get it spotted from muzzle flashes and general activity.

Having the two man team split off means that you don't have to remember to "Target Light" with the rifle teams/rump squad (depending on national organisational possibilities) in order to avoid the Shreck/zook firing off its rounds in general suppressive shooting.

Not being in the rifle section, the AT team can have different firing parameters (100m max range Cover Armour Arc, for example) that would seriously impair the effectiveness of the rifle section in performing its normal function, and the team can sneak off to an appropriate hidey hole to undertake its AT duties, rather than being in a good place to lay suppressive fire on advancing infantry.