Carpiquet Map

noob

There's also this...

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=103226

This has been sitting on the back-burner for quite a while as I've been busy with other projects. And my real life has been quite 'exciting' over the last year as well. It'll be different from the other project found in the other reply for sure. I'm only using the NSR as my core units and won't be covering the fighting for the airfield itself.

Hehehe Thanks Nelson for the plug. ;)

Still slogging away at my plan of attack for Carpiquet but it's definitely going to be a slow long process. May only turn out to be a large QB map or two if I can't get the missions feeling right. The 'monster map' I'm working on will be sliced a diced for a few missions. I'm building it up and then destroying it down as the carpet barrage ruined the town as the Canadian's advanced.

And up against Paper Tiger... as a fan of his work this could get interesting. :P Thought that little project of yours was delayed indefinitely... And for mission three you want to include the advance across the wheat fields before they hit the village itself? You evil evil man. :D

Ithikial, it looks like you took modern satellite imagery as a source. I have taken a look at the area myself some time ago, and I'm pretty sure that whole built up area north of the railway tracks was NOT there in 1944, most likely only farmland instead. And the road network there changed a little bit as well.

Yeah don't worry Rokko well aware of all that. Only using GoogleEarth image for scale. I have lots of 1944 Aerial photos of the village and airfield (dated June 6th so a month before the Operation) as my primary map reference.

Aragorn - That's the plan. This map and another 'monster map' of the south side of the airfield and eastern control buildings.

Yeah don't worry Rokko well aware of all that. Only using GoogleEarth image for scale. I have lots of 1944 Aerial photos of the village and airfield (dated June 6th so a month before the Operation) as my primary map reference.

Aragorn - That's the plan. This map and another 'monster map' of the south side of the airfield and eastern control buildings.

Sounds great, Ithikial, just what we need. Thanks for all your time and energy.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been drooling over these threads for some time now...Ithikial working on Windsor, Rokko working on a 12th SS campaign with his monster Can area map, Paper Tiger doing one on the Road to Carpiquet...gaaahhh!

I'm reading Hubert Meyer's 12th SS history and see such fantastic opportunities for campaigns for both German and CW forces around Caen...any updates on final products? They would be instant winners!!

...any updates on final products? They would be instant winners!!

I'm just finalising a smaller infantry scenario for the fighting at Fournel on D-Day between the 101st Airborne and the 91st (Airlanding) Infantry Division. "Three Patrol Action." Yes it involves a pig trough. I'll switch back to Windsor once that is done.

Sorry slow process on my end, full time professional job, building a house, Market Garden being released. :D