AT Gun Placement

Be careful about placing them next to linear features like walls or hedges because the crews often do bizarre things like crawl away or walk away from the gun. I've had a crew react weirdly to having the gun placed in a foxhole as well- they spent all their time crawling around in front of the gun.

You'll see in your own experience.

Usually, when I put a crew in a foxhole, they all crawl into the same hole :/

Looks really bizarre...

Also, has anyone tried putting an at-gun into a building by placing the building ontop of the gun in the editor?

Can it fire out?

I don't think it can because in a scenario i played my quad 20mm somehow got into a building (don't ask me how because I wasn't looking the turn it got inthere) but it couldn't get out and it couldn't set up and the LOS was blocked when aiming outside the building.

Usually, when I put a crew in a foxhole, they all crawl into the same hole :/

Looks really bizarre...

Also, has anyone tried putting an at-gun into a building by placing the building ontop of the gun in the editor?

Can it fire out?

I don't think it can because in a scenario i played my quad 20mm somehow got into a building (don't ask me how because I wasn't looking the turn it got inthere) but it couldn't get out and it couldn't set up and the LOS was blocked when aiming outside the building.

GuninBuilding.jpg

Yes you can. And Yes the gun can fire out as that Sherman crew found out. Notice upper left corner.

Colonel_Deadmarsh,

A crater helps significantly with gun survival. At least, that was true for my 57mm ATG in CMBN. Managed to keep the gun alive long enough to rack up a kill despite being under MG fire from a dominating ridge.

Regards,

John Kettler

That makes sense on a realistic level. Frankly, I'm surprised the game even allows you to put the gun in a foxhole or trench as it seems foxholes would be too small and trenches too narrow. Surely, this wouldn't work in the real world, would it?

Frankly, I'm surprised the game even allows you to put the gun in a foxhole or trench as it seems foxholes would be too small and trenches too narrow. Surely, this wouldn't work in the real world, would it?

I've always assumed—and I think somebody either from the company or was a tester affirmed—that in that case it is supposed to represent a specific entrenchment type that would fit the gun and crew with their ammo. Such were common in the real war, especially if part of a trench system.

Michael