Allied AAR on CM Battle in Ribera for CMPzC Sicily '43 Operation "A Route to Ribera"

Welcome welcome welcome, step right up folks, evening ladies! sorry, no kids allowed, please get a baby sitter, there might be foul language and blood and gore and maybe "some smoking".

I am the allied defender for the CM Ribera battle for Fizou's CMPzC "A Route to Ribera" Operation. Thanks for letting me play a battle Fizou! Thanks also to noob for getting all this going.

I have 2 small companies of US Army parachute infantry. In the next post I will quickly show what forces I have.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I would call "high pucker factor".

I am probably out numbered 10 to 1.

My escape route is nearly void of concealment.

I have very limited weaponry.

I toyed with the idea of some type of forward defense but my experience says that my guys will get quickly suppressed and then not be able to displace to the next firing position.

Edit: It is a 2 hour battle. Somehow I thought it was 1 hour. I do know PzC turns are 2 hours but I didn't pick up on the CM battle being 2 hours. Oh, well.

My opponent will kill a bit of time trying to soften up likely defensive positions and then leap frog his men forward.

I do have the 2 mortars and can try and slow him up a bit. I have 3 platoon leaders with radios and the G Compnay CO has his radio with the 2 mortars.

The five 30 cal LMG's can cause some damage to his infantry.

The bazookas and rifle grenades can take out the Grilles if he moves them into the center of the map.

oh boy...

Ribera_zps4d5dd5c2.png

jumpin' jiminy, I got company coming over and they'll be here any minute!

What mods should I put on so they don't think I am too red-neckian?

Aris dust and smoke, check

Aris horizon and clouds, check

Aris tracers, check

Aris tree and leaves

juju's UI, general edition

somebody's casualty bases, sorry, I forget...

Gotta be something else I should download...

I better run to the store and get some more beer and chips and dip!

Please, anybody reading this? Tell me some mods I should get to make this AAR rev with high-octane excitement....

Some additional intel. We have been hels up in northern Ribera for two hours. We have good visibility to the surroundings. No Grille SPA have been reported in the area.

Earlier this morning we were engaged with the blackshirts dealing minor casualies to them as we withdrew into Ribera from the other side of the Verdura. Shortly thereafter the Italians where hit by our P-38s. Strafing and bombing the enemy column inflicting moderate casualties. The Italian coy is weekened.

The PzGren unit has not been engaged in any combat yet. Their numbers are believed to be in battalion streangth and of good quality.

The enemy has no attached artillery with the exception of organic mortars (x2?) and Infantry guns (x2?).

Some additional intel....

.....Earlier this morning we were engaged with the blackshirts dealing minor casualies to them as we withdrew into Ribera from the other side of the Verdura. Shortly thereafter the Italians where hit by our P-38s. Strafing and bombing the enemy column inflicting moderate casualties. The Italian coy is weekened.....

This intel is also somewhat confusing. I know when it is the weekend that I am full of energy and ready to kick a$$. But sometimes it is too much fun and drinking and PBEM and I am wiped out and near useless...hmmm, I guess we will see, I guess we will see.

I cannot take credit for that, it was Pink Floyd, The Final Cut, The Gunner's Dream.

That album also contains a song of interest here, "When the Tigers Broke Free"

by Roger Waters.

It was just before dawn

One miserable morning in black forty-four.

When the forward commander

Was told to sit tight

When he asked that his men be withdrawn.

And the Generals gave thanks

As the other ranks held back

The enemy tanks for a while.

And the Anzio bridgehead

Was held for the price

Of a few hundred ordinary lives.

And kind old King George

Sent Mother a note

When he heard that father was gone.

It was, I recall,

In the form of a scroll,

With gold leaf adorned.

And I found it one day

In a drawer of old photographs, hidden away.

And my eyes still grow damp to remember

His Majesty signed

With his own rubber stamp.

It was dark all around.

There was frost in the ground

When the tigers broke free.

And no one survived

From the Royal Fusiliers Company [Z].

They were all left behind,

Most of them dead,

The rest of them dying.

And that's how the High Command

Took my daddy from me.

"Spencer for Hire" redeemed himself!

The German infantry made a small move to cross the main paved road east out of Ribera.

At the start of the turn they were hunting towards their edge of the road. Spencer finally got the 30 all assembled and put away the crescent wrench and 3-in-1 oil and then let loose.

Spencerfire1_zps619b6e97.png

You want a piece of me?

Spencerfire2_zpsf8838152.png

They pegged a few more enemy troops before some fire came from the cafe upstairs floor across the street. THEY HADN'T PAID FOR THOSE CAPPUCCINO'S!!!!????

Spencerfire3_zpsfbaf8e41.png

They quickly re-positioned and paid the bill, PLUS A TIP!!!

Spencerfire5_zpscc21332d.png

The PFC in SGT Zuccaro's team got killed at the very end of the 1:54 to 1:53 turn.

THEN "Spencer for hire" occurred during the 1:53 to 1:52 turn. He seems to have stopped them but went through about 2 belts of ammo (100 rounds). The belts were 50 rounds each? I did a quick google but couldn't confirm it...

I feel real bad. Zuccaro and his men were way out there on the right flank all by their lonesome. I re-positioned a few teams to support them and it did stop some German movement. I gave Zuke an area fire order so maybe he would rise up and lay down some fire. BUT THEY NEVER RAISED THEIR HEADS!!! AAAHHHHH. I feel responsible....

They were gunned down at point blank range....

I really wish my opponent would do an AAR. It is fun to read the inside scoop of the enemy after all is said and done.

Hubba Hubba

This battle would make a great movie! Things are getting hotter than a __________ ___ __ ___! You can say that again!

<<Fill in your own local/regional/cultural high temperature expression...>>

Or share here with a post to this thread!

Good news: nobody KIA this turn!

I have a plan. It came to me as I was eating some prosciutto...

Bad news: The German tourists arrived in the piazza with really funny looking cameras. Long and wooden with a small metal lens. Must be fancy German automatic cameras, each time they took a picture it shot out the empty film roll. And flash bulbs too!

Pictures tomorrow....