New file at the Repository: Patton's assault nemesis (2013-08-18)

East of France Lorraine, November 1944 the 10th,G Company / 2nd Battalion Armored Infantry has fought its way to Les Monts de Jeanne d'Arc overlooking from the ridge the town of Saint Jean des Clopants. On the MLR, the Company has been deployed along the ridge, foxholes dug and ammo resupplied. 1 x M8 and 1 x M8 HMC are deployed backward on their center with another 1 x M8 HMC on the right. We are ready to repulse any counter attack that the Krauts might throw at us as usual. Our reserves are just behind :An Engineer squad is near La Croix Saint Paul church with 1 x Stuart M5A1 and 1 x AT gun. E Company 3rd Platoon is near the Gue Lecronnier and provides a base of fire for the Recon elements with 1 x M8, its two mortars and AT gun being located at La ferme Blanchard.F Company 2nd Platoon is on the right back slope of the ridge behind D Company on the left of Table du Roy.1st and 3rd Platoons / G Company / 3rd Battalion 8 x M4 tanks, a small Recon party with 2 x M8, 1 x M8 HMC, 1 x Stuart M5A1 is emplaced on the right between La Table du Roy and Bois des Sangliers. G Company / 3rd Battalion HQ with 3 x M4 tanks, 2 x M1O TD from G Company / 2nd Battalion and 2 x M7B1 Priests are and on the right on the far side of Gue Lecronnier. 2nd Platoon / H Company 4 x M4 Tanks are in reserve at Le BourgThe reminders of E and F Companies / 2nd Battalion's platoons will rejoin within an hour at the least and an hour and a quarter at the most. They have just completed their ref...

More...

Hi Snake Eye

This looks like an impressive job. Only trouble is I can't play it.

The scenario doesn't show up in the battle listing, although it does show up in the editor listing, but when I open it, it is a blank 'new' file with nothing on the map.

Anyone any ideas what is wrong?

I am patched to v 2.0, and have the base game plus CWF, and the btt file is in the 'Scenarios' folder.

All sorted now, thanks, Snake Eye.

Well, I must say, that is a very special map indeed.

There are some amazing touches here and there, and you must tell everyone how you did some of those things:-

1) sink the bridges in the turntable yard (to look like railway turntables)

2) bury buildings beneath terrain to make the entrances to tunnels

3) generally how you got such detailed destroyed bridges.

The partially damaged town is an absolute gem. However, I still think (if it could be fitted in the grid) a little more 'clutter' or occlusion around the individual building plots would be even better, although with all the destruction around I suppose walls and fences etc would be damaged too.

Looks like great work. I've enjoyed just looking at the mao but I will be sure to play it as soon as I have a time slot.

Thanks for all the work you put into this.

@Chris Ferrous,

Glad you enjoy the map and its "amazing touches". Actually it took a long time to try what was best and how to do it with the limit of the game graphics. If these could be improved and that might be the case in the future, real tunnels, convincing field works and fortified houses with guns located in them could be probably done. For the time being we have to make things in such a way that they look the closer we can for what they are. Many times the result is such that it has to be discarded. Too bad when you have spent quite a lot of time trying to do it, but that is the way is has to be done, if we want the map to be good.

Thanks for your comments and I hope the battle will be up to your expectation.

Cheer

@Frederico,

Yes it was quite a huge work to do that scenario. It was started at the end of 2011 !

I worked on it from time to time and testing it., putting it aside and going on it later on till I was satisfied.

Depending on the way you play it Wego and or R.T the handling will be different. But first you have to look at the units and go down from the Company Commander down to the platoons to get a good picture of your forces. You can also change the setting if you have other tactical ideas. You will find that it is difficult at first but with experience things are done more easily. That's the way it is in real life and in a real battle environment. Situation awareness is the key to success.

Enjoy the battle and have a good time playing it

Cheer

Couldn't resist firing this up even tho' don't have time to play. Looks terrific. But, made my machine stutter and lag. Either it's really big or my machine needs a tune up.

***SPOILER***

Start positions are very sensitive. The LHS AT gun didn't have LOS to the road, so I moved it one action square to get LOS. But, in turn one I found that put it in LOS of a German ATG that started firing at it. So, maybe don't mess with the default set-up(?).

Hi Erwin,

Yes it might need either an overhaul or a fine tune up. As a matter of fact testing my scenario made me aware that I had to leave my old laptop (2006 is not that old !) since it was unable to run smoothly and the graphic card was unable to show the trees , but a close distance. I really found difficult to play BF games, starting with Normandy and later CMFI. CFMI made me sure that the days of my laptop were counted. So I bought that desktop at the end of July with the specs I had chosen.

When you are in the editor I don't have any more an awful long time to wait, when I get into the set up of the units and or the 3D view.

"Patton's Assault Nemesis" takes when playing it 2 minutes to load. Just a bit less from a cold computer start.

That new specs allows me to see all the landscape and details with a setting moved at the best mark. The speed is terrific and I can move the mouse from one place to the other just in an instant.

I played CFMI "Lancing the Abscess" in R.T without any slowing despite the mist and foggy time of the scenario and was able to see the German Counter attacks developing on the left, center and right as quickly as I could move the mouse. Needless to say with my laptop it would have been impossible to play that scenario. To be frank I have had a Desktop return nearly at the end of the scenario with 11 minutes remaining.

I hope that you will get time to play that CMBN and give me your comments as usual for our benefit.

Cheer

My specs

Processor : Intel I5-4670K,

Mother Card : MSI Z87 - G45 Gaming

Memory 8 GB 1600

Graphic Card : MSI GTX 660 2 GB

SSD 120 GB and HHD 1 To