CMPzC Bulge '44 Crossroads Operation - Allied HQ

Noob, I get nothing when I try to click on any of the icons or names on any of the links(all showing 4 items/iconc of Baraque de Fraiture) ??

When I click on the link, I get this.

GoogleDrive1_zps30ac5840.jpg

Then, when I left click on the blue folder icon, I get this. Note the download button, bottom right.

GoogleDrive2_zpsf37944a7.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks noob, but it's the left click part...nothing happens at all. (Well, r-click gives me the save picture, properties, etc., options.) But L-clicking doesn't do a thing. Must be on my end somehow.

It must be your end, I have had two people test it, and they downloaded, and played the file successfully. If the problem persists, I can invite you to share the dropbox folder the turns are in.

Noob - Thanks for posting the files. I'm following all the CMPzC's closely. It would be great if you could also give a quick summary (good/bad/ugly) of what happens each turn from your perspective.

Thanks for showing an interest, I will do as you suggest for all future turns.

This turn, I get two new enemy armour contacts, which means I now have enemy armour to my rear, and flanks, no doubt with infantry support. It's obvious that my opponent is going to slowly squeeze me from three sides, but slowly is fine with me. However, given the reasonably high chance of vehicle immobilisation in snow terrain, I can do nothing but wait. The one asset I have plenty of, and does not have to move to be used, is artillery. So I will carry on setting artillery strikes to land where I think he will be in 8 to 9 minutes, which given how slow the movement is in this battle, isn't too difficult.

The 150mm artillery barrage on my AA guns keeps coming, but I have lost but one gun, some crew, and some ammo bearers, so I'm not to bothered about this at the moment. I also have two guns with one and two crew members, but one only needs one finger to pull a trigger.

I was also pleased to see how effective one 30 cal, and one guy with a Thomo were in persuading some Axis squads that some routes are better than others.

Baraque de Fraiture movie turn 050 is available here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6Ab6QkVaB6OTW4wWHRNTkRJYXM&usp=sharing

Password: rawsthorne

Baraque de Fraiture movie turn 052 is available here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6Ab6QkVaB6OTW4wWHRNTkRJYXM&usp=sharing

Password: rawsthorne

Axis infantry persists on the road covered by the 30cal and the Thompson, and successfully cross the road, this move will force me to relocate the infantry that were screening that area, back to their original positions.

One Axis squad runs down the middle of the road toward an M10. Is this to flush out any armour ?, well, next turn I will oblige, as I'm happy to take out a team, then relocate my M10, and I'm happy to let him know there is a tank in that area.

Across from the two PzIV's that are lurking in the forest to my left, mortars are in position to hit the forest edge where he should have supporting infantry, but a mortar is spotted by a tank, luckily the round hits the tree, so it's relocation relocation relocation for them.

The end of the movie shows a probable PzIV dash across the open. I have ordered two M10's to intercept. As the enemy artillery barrage is less intense, I decide that this turn I will open up with two Bofors on the house the Axis squad have occupied. It will be interesting to see how a one and two man crew perform.