Beware CMBN CW it is pretty rubbish folks

Sort of enjoyed CMBN (it is not CMAK but hey) so i spent $35 on buying CW Forces to go on top of my CMBN. Ooooh No! bad move. On installation, i find:

1. half of my saved game files from CMBN have disappeared

2. on the rest, either saved or new, the squad members and unit hierachy makes no sense, so for instance i have an infantry squad made up of 'Mortar team' and 'FW180'. It doesn't even go with the nationality!!

really disappointing

spent more, got everything wiped...

DO NOT DO IT FOLKS!!

Sort of enjoyed CMBN (it is not CMAK but hey) so i spent $35 on buying CW Forces to go on top of my CMBN. Ooooh No! bad move. On installation, i find:

1. half of my saved game files from CMBN have disappeared

2. on the rest, either saved or new, the squad members and unit hierachy makes no sense, so for instance i have an infantry squad made up of 'Mortar team' and 'FW180'. It doesn't even go with the nationality!!

really disappointing

spent more, got everything wiped...

DO NOT DO IT FOLKS!!

Before you rant you might want to open a ticket with the helpdesk. It sounds like you had a technical issue and instead of trying to get it resolved are just assuming everyone else will have your experience. In reality I don't think I know of anyone who has quite had your experience. The module is worth it, just get some help resolving your issue and I think you will actually agree.

edit 1 -huh just noticed this is actually one of an identical pair you posted. Seriously, go to the support desk. It'll save embarrassment later.

edit 2 dang okay 3 identical posts, one in the support desk area... persistent anyway.

Before you rant you might want to open a ticket with the helpdesk. It sounds like you had a technical issue and instead of trying to get it resolved are just assuming everyone else will have your experience. In reality I don't think I know of anyone who has quite had your experience. The module is worth it, just get some help resolving your issue and I think you will actually agree.

edit 1 -huh just noticed this is actually one of an identical pair you posted. Seriously, go to the support desk. It'll save embarrassment later.

edit 2 dang okay 3 identical posts, one in the support desk area... persistent anyway.

sorry for ranting

You probably left mods in your folder that aren't compatible with CMBN:CW. String mods like Vin's animated text are the usual culprit. Remove the mods, like the readme tells you to do, and this should go away the next time you start up the game.

"Do a clean fresh install from scratch,remove any mods from the BF file where the game file (or save somewhere and put back in later)"

OK, thanks, seems like helpful advice. But i have two games (?) CMBN original and now CMBN CW. Do i have to find the original exe files to reinstall? Can i get them from BF??

thanks

novice

Mods are available are the Repository, a feature (like this forum) of the battlefront.com website.

The problems you describe sound like an installation error. Since everyone else here has been happily playing the game since its release several months ago, you should assume that your situation is both unusual and resolvable.

Like i said do a fresh clean install of the whole thing including CMBN.If you don't have mods don't worry about it.You could even have a corrupt download.

thanks.

As far as i can remember, i bought CMBN in 2011, then i got a patch recently, then i got CMBN-CF.

i have no idea where these various exes are, so how do i reinstall?

sorry to be stupid. hope Battlefront are paying you -

The problems you describe sound like an installation error. Since everyone else here has been happily playing the game since its release several months ago, you should assume that your situation is both unusual and resolvable.

thanks Sir

When it comes to the patch 1.11 make sure you tick the box that says patch CMBN +CW also,or that will cause issues.Something i didn't do correctly before.

you're being helpful thanks but when i go to BF site they need a licence key before i can download. i do not know what this is, so i cannot reinstall.

So i tried to download from the start (sigh) but BF said my licence had expired.

Thanks for the support guys but net effect is i spent $35 and rather than an expanded game, i cannot use it at all now. :(

I also realise from various posts that this is my own fault... to you Sirs i say " ".

you're being helpful thanks but when i go to BF site they need a licence key before i can download. i do not know what this is, so i cannot reinstall.

If you log into Battlefront.com and go to "My Account", you will see a list of the games you have purchased. Click on "view" to see the purchase order of the game, and there you will find the license key.

You should have emails regarding keys when you purchased.Once installed they should stay on your com or they do with me.If you've lost them bud you'll need to get in touch with the help desk.You only get 10 downloads within the first year of purchase then thats it.I always save my exec files to documents then i can reinstall anytime.

If you log into Battlefront.com and go to "My Account", you will see a list of the games you have purchased. Click on "view" to see the purchase order of the game, and there you will find the license key.

thanks for that.

when i do that, i get a message saying "Error: Sorry, but your Download has expired"

So i tried to download from the start (sigh) but BF said my licence had expired.

Thanks for the support guys but net effect is i spent $35 and rather than an expanded game, i cannot use it at all now. :(

I also realise from various posts that this is my own fault... to you Sirs i say " ".

Have a word on the help desk,give details of how and when you purchased and see what they say.If you've just bought CW then they might let you have a CMBN download but that's their call at the end of the day.If they do store the exec files somewhere.Good luck anyway bud ;)

You should have emails regarding keys when you purchased.Once installed they should stay on your com or they do with me.If you've lost them bud you'll need to get in touch with the help desk.You only get 10 downloads within the first year of purchase then thats it.I always save my exec files to documents then i can reinstall anytime.

my problem is that i bought the CMBN over a year ago so my key has expired.

So: $35 down, and no games to play :(

my problem is that i bought the CMBN over a year ago so my key has expired.

So: $35 down, and no games to play :(

hence my original 'rant' against BF. You've been very helpful, personally, many thanks.

BUT Battlefront got my money... gave me nothing... and screwed up my game. That's how it looks from where i am sitting anyway.

hence my original 'rant' against BF. You've been very helpful, personally, many thanks.

BUT Battlefront got my money... gave me nothing... and screwed up my game. That's how it looks from where i am sitting anyway.

Man you are sounding like Eeyore LOL You aren't the first to be in this position. Talk to BF, you haven't even given them a chance yet. Your problem wasn't caused by them and they can help you out. Next time though back up your install file, actually back it up in multiple places. ;)

Man you are sounding like Eeyore LOL You aren't the first to be in this position. Talk to BF, you haven't even given them a chance yet. Your problem wasn't caused by them and they can help you out. Next time though back up your install file, actually back it up in multiple places. ;)

Thanks, Eeyore had a point i thought. There may be scenarios where even you might feel hard done by? (Say you fill up with gas and it won't go cos the gas was full of rubbish? i guess you'd be happy?) I just moaning becase the software doesnt work and corrupted my previously OK software, BUT i can start on the whole CM-2 engine also, if you like ;)

Thanks, though I am sure there are some scenarios where you might feel hard done by? Or maybe not. (Say you fill up with gas tomorrow and the car wouldnt go cos the gas was full of crud, i guess you'd be real happy?)

LOL in that case the gas station is responsible as they handle the product and delivery (the pump). In your case if we assume it is a corrupted install (which we don't know for sure, I would withhold judgement until you talk to tech support) the medium getting the file to you is not controlled by BF. File download issues do happen from time to time.

All I am saying is talk to tech support, don't make a judgement till you have all the facts before you. You are frustrated now and yeah I get that, but until you actually talk to them you don't know that you are out of options. You could be venting in a major way only to find out there is a simple answer and a quick fix.