CM beats out CC once again

Guest Tom punkrawk

Guest Tom punkrawk

Ahh blah 2 weeks w/ out a monitor blah,it sucks,but someone mentioned a part of the song I have in my 'signiture' thingy and I thought I would go off on that...'cause they had a question mark,and I'm bored.

"We ain't got no place to go,let's go to a punk rawk show,darlin' take me by the hand,we're gunna see a punk rawk band,there's no use in tv shows,radio, or rodeo,I wanna get into the crowd I wanna hear it played real loud,

ain't got no money to pay,we'll get in anyway,doesn't matter,I don't care,it's feels good so we should share,

we're going to the punk rawk show..."

See now you can all go and sing that and those dang punk kids won't bother you hehe

------------------

We ain't got no place to go,let's go to a punk rawk show

When I mentioned that attacker should be able to have more troops then just 15 the MAdBunny replied: (I quote)

"How about less!"

That just plain rude. On the other hand BTS was very friendly so far.

It is braindead to force only one BG to enter the map.

What realy annoyed me was that people kept complaining about JagdTigers not being able to destroy Sherman after repeatedly hitting its side. (small distance)

At the same time another sherman showed up and nailed JagdTiger in one shot firing at its front armor.

The CC4 demo isn't all that great but the game itself is fantastic (Atomic should of used the Bastogne map in the demo)! The AI isn't that smart sometimes..CM is so much superior in that aspect, but playing someone online is the ultimate in Real Time gaming.

Combat Mission as far as turn-based games goes will also be tremendous game. I am really enjoying the beta demo.

I am just happy that we now have a couple of great games to play.

Guest Captain Foobar

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Come to think of it, the big tank in Command and Conquer (the other CC) shoots rockets too, but without the pinpoint accuracy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I don't know if any of you have heard about this, but I think the final release of CCIV will include the German Uberweapon, Das Obelisk of Licht, introduced by German scientists late in the war, those responsible for the Rocket Tank! Although the infantry incinerating lightning bolts were very effective, it was introduced too late in the war to make a difference. I like the Atomic view of things.

"WW2, the war ALMOST as important as the movie it inspired...." wink.gif

HHmm well i was waiting for cciv for along time sounds dissapointing,anyway other than CM which i cant wait for,i think suddenstrike will replace my purchase for cciv its good to have a fun game as a change where you dont have to think about to much and have abit more light hearted fun

------------------

AUCK

New Zealand

Superpower waiting to happen

Guest Tom punkrawk

Marcus,

when I say punk rawk bands, I mean punk bands smile.gif, of course MxPx(the band I qoute in my signiture thingy)is more like pop-punk.I listen to all punk bands I guess,cept for old school style punk.

Hmm,the only German punk band I know of is Wizo,they're cool.A lot of the punk bands I listen to tour Europe,infact,one of my favourite bands,Face To Face,toured Germany on their very first tour.umm,I dunno heh =)

Josh McNair

------------------

Tom,

ah yes. IIRC I saw and heard MxPx once on "Warped Vans Tour" with many other bands (more or less "punky") together with, for example, Bad Religion and the (in)famous (in Germany) Toten Hosen. On the other hand I can also be wrong with MxPx as I had lots of beer that evening... ;) I'm, BTW, no genuine punk rocker. I just like the hard stuff from time to time.

Guest Tom punkrawk

That's was Warped Tour `98 right?I saw that one,Bad Religion is cool, I have a couple of their cds.MxPx is a little more punker live than on their cds.I just saw them last week,except I'll have to say they weren't that great at this show.Warped `98 was pretty cool, they had Nofx,Strung Out,Unwritten Law,Guttermouth,Cigar,High Standard,Tilt,Mad Caddies,Specials,Pietasters,Less Than Jake,Bad Religion,umm,rancid,but they sucked and I think they suck anyway,The Living End(Some of you Austrailians might have heard of them).This year's sucked,they had like Rap artists on,I thought that was crap,I didn't even go although I would have liked to have seen Pennywise and Less Than Jake.blah blah I'll shut up now

Josh McNair

------------------

I don't understand why you guys even remotely compare CC with CM and speak of the games in the same sentence. CM is mile away from CC when it comes to realism (even if Atomic continued on the CC2 path).

There are some good things about CC tho. That's easy to get into for regular non grognard type of people and that the gameplay doesn't try to be realistic (despite what Atomic may think). This all adds up to that CC4 is for regular pple.

Btw if someone wants to have a nice laugh go and read the review by www.game-over.net on CC4, I was laughing so my stomach hurts. Somehow I don't think the reviewer was a WW2 history major on preschool.

Dunno but it's clearly that he's a fan of C&C. Well as long as they think their game is realistic. What's bothering me is when you actually get into a discusion and they start to chew you up about how widespread and good the wurfs and caliope's where.

What was that he said about the Bulge? The biggest battle of WW2 or something was it? Well I can't be bothered to read it again.

Some areas of the review I found interesting:

"One great addition is the ability of spies used in the battle map. Although you have direct influence over them, spies can hinder movement of battle groups and possibly moving them back instead of forward."

Anybody know how often "spies" were a part of front-line units? AFAIK, even Skorzeny's units did their thing way in the US rear areas.

"However, when the units’ leader dies in combat, sometimes the soldiers will panic and will not listen to your commands. If being fired upon repeatedly, they will even cower and most likely surrender. One very annoying

feature is that when one of your vehicles is destroyed, the units in them run out. However, they are useless and will not listen to your commands - even if they are a Platoon leader group."

Is he saying this is unrealistic, or just bitching? He should make clear his opinion.

"Some additions have been enhanced, like the sniper is much more accurate,"

Another unit that formed an integral part of every front-line unit, and made a contribution to WW2 far greater than I had thought.

"Tanks however are way to overpowering in the game."

Something I agree with.

"If one is to play the Allied side first, the Jagdpanthers will just run your other tanks

over."

I also agree with this, but he seems to be complaining, rather than commenting on the abilities of the Jagdpanther

"Perhaps these imperfections should be patched up in a future update."

Do you think? Really? Should this game be improved, and tweaked, so that it gives a more satisfying game? Nah, I didn't think so either, and probably the developer and publisher will agree. I love being right.

"What makes this game great is the replay value with the inclusion of the Scenario Editor. It is very versatile and has the ability to make great new campaigns and to adjust the units allocated and which types available. This feature could probably be a stand-alone itself with the flexibility of options."

Oh goody, I get to select from a whole 40! maps and put them in any order I want, ignoring that troops may be fighting in deep snowy forest one day, and the next be on top of a ridge (anybody else also think the map reordering 'feature' of CC3 was a joke? From the dust of the steppe in summer to the depths of Russian winter and back again in 3 days' time)

Last thing I think is important: at no point did he comment on the realism of the game, in terms of how accurately vehicles' capabilities, infantry armament, tactics, etc are depicted.

Give us CM now!

DjB

I did the dirty and downloaded that 50 meg CC4 demo!!

ANyway - err what a culture shock! Its so flat! smile.gif WTF!! What's with the rockets?!?! And flamerthrowers too!! ;(

Screens look horrid - they need a new graphic artist smile.gif Tanks GFX look ok to me - other people were complaining about them -= but the colour scheme of the maps is er not easy on the eyes.

------------------

------------------

CCJ

BLITZ_Force

My HomePage -----> www.geocities.com/coolcolj/

Guest Captain Foobar

The biggest problem I found is that I was stuck in "top down" view of my units. I couldn't find the command for 3d angle. Maybe I need to check the readme.txt wink.gif