Wrong Unit Symbol

I have been having an interesting problem in my present game that I have never seen reported. When I separate a squad into teams the AT team has an infantry symbol and one of the infantry teams has the AT symbol. This is with the 11 man Motorized PzGrenadier infantry with the PzSchreck. It is not a game breaker by any means but it is confusing when you have a lot of teams running around. Has anyone else ever seen this?

Erwin, please expand your response.

I think he speaks of the split squad options and the order you choose to split them. Sorry, if I am not really clear either, however this was discussed previously in another thread. Try a forum search of 'split squad options' or something like that.

The AT team symbol is associated with "C Team". If you split the AT team first, it is "B Team" and doesn't get the symbol. Instead the symbol gets assigned to the C team created at the next split of the main squad.

Split your assault team off first (it gets called "A Team"), then the AT team. The AT team will get their schreck symbol and the other Heer will get the grenades. If you're doing this in setup (or at other leisure) you can recombine A and B and then split them as you want, if you don't like "asymmetrical" rifle teams.

Womble, thanks for your explanation. Obviously this was a design decision and perhaps the only way BFC could do it programming wise but it is not very convenient for the player. I like to split off the AT team first and have them trail the rest of the squad for safety or to send them off to an ambush site. I keep the rest of the squad together for ease of movement until the situation warrants splitting them up. Now that I know what is happening I can work around it but I hope eventually BFC can fix it.