Elite reinforcements

I dont know about HQ's(never elite stocked one up(did not know you could, dont even know if can?) but I do know they are less effective if below 10(not just in Supply as that is new, also before the supply change the amount of multiplier they give is lower. Or at least I am almost sure of it)

Artillery will do more damage if it has full reinforcments and elite reinforcments.(normally worth it as they dont take damage) and they will not lose their experience if only elite reinforcments are lostt(this counts for all units)

HQs

- First, I don't think HQs can have elite steps. They gain experience stars but can't be reinforced above 10 (never seen one at 11). When HQs lose steps they lose experience and the fact they can't go above 10 makes them very tempting targets.

- In your newbies AAR I often see your HQs dangerously exposed, they're not supposed to be on the frontline. And with infantry and other units gaining more power with tech they become even more vulnerable so keep them out trenches !

- Another point is that you can sack/replace a general level 5 with a level 8 without losing experience because it's the HQ/staff that is experienced (I'd prefer losing at least half an experience star when sacking/replacing to show the change of command routines but that's only me).

ARTY

- Sapare is right, elite steps (limited to 3 in this game) for artillery are very important because they have more chance to gain experience than to lose it since they arn't usually involved in close combat so they can pile up elite steps quicker than most of other units.

- Each elite step will also increase their chance to destroy enemy steps with each shell giving more experience and elite steps and so on (an arty level 2 with 3 elite steps/10 shells is DEADLY).

- In your AAR I see many arty units staying at 5 steps indeed. That makes them more vulnerable but also less efficient (lower readiness/morale, less chances to destroy enemy steps, less chances to gain experience/elite steps, nearly no readiness/morale recovery after operating...). It's a kind of a waste to attach a 5 step arty to an HQ even more high level ones.

You're welcome :) ,

It's a big part of the fun in this game and even after quite some games you'll have an epic WTF moment and discover you've got something wrong (or only half-right) all along.

That's why we all refrained from giving advices or such unless you asked for it ;) .

Pretty much this, a lot of the game is the fun of learning the details.(though I guess I might be more pro-active with my advice just because I see a lot of people misuse Deplomacy/tanks(in the other topic).)