2.01 "The Mace" During Action Report @ SimHQ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

LukeFF - Nice DAR! Enjoying reading it.

I notice in your DAR, as I have in a lot of PBEM games that I play, that the first couple opening turns are almost always a "RUSH" from both sides to gain advantage of the middle OZ's or areas surrounding them. I understand fully why both sides do this but my question is how does one limit this action before starting the game to make the game more enjoyable from both sides. Just curious how others play this out or if they just tolerate and deal with it. The scenarios that I have played that only have recon units on map first and then reinforcements coming in as the game goes on seem to deal with this issue somewhat. But in QB you do not have this option.

Thanks guys! It's a lot of fun doing this AAR. I have this itching feeling Rambler is about to unleash a whole lot of fury on me real soon. Whatever the case, it's nice to be able to play against a human opponent - it forces me to be more careful in my moves, since obviously I can't load a previous file when things go bad. :D