How about some real history

It would be nice to see some new scenarios/campaigns on .....well, the invasion of Iraq, or perhaps the now threatening Korean war......I would certainly pay for that. Ok, Syria was ok....but there are real battles to simulate. I'm hoping that history and not fiction is being considered in the next versions of this game.

Maybe what you are really saying is more opportunity for balanced scenarios where the western allies aren't using high tech to beat up on a bunch of crappy enemy units and the real victory conditions are to win with no or virtually no friendly casualties.

Hopefully NATO vs the Ukraine/Russia in CMSF2 may do the trick.

There are mods for CMSF allowing the game to be used in African, European and Korea environments. A mod recently uploaded covers Iraq 2003 though I have not downloaded tthat one as yet. Regarding scenario balance there are ways to do this to make it harder for NATO to win,

Having said that I would lke to see future titles covering historical moderns such as the Arab Isreali, Ind- Pakistani and Vietnam wars and perhaps a hypothetical 1980s NATO Warsaw Pact at some point. But, for now BF has a lot of work to do with their WW2 historical verson of the game - they still have the rest of the NW European campaign, the rest of the Italan campaign, the whole of the Russian Front. And that is just for starters

CMSF2 is NATO vs. Russia in Ukraine, year 2015 or so. I know that there are many here who hate state-of-the-art weapons and equipment, but I personally prefer a modern setting over the 1980's because I like "what if this happens" type scenarios over "what if this happened." I think BFC can come up with a credible story of how Russia avoids having its air force and air defenses wiped out, creating more equal conditions on the ground.

Call it a guess -- everything after Waterloo is, in my judgment, current events -- but I think it's folks wanting to game history rather than the future.

We have ORBATs for Cechnya, Afghanistan, Iraq (both times), &c. The speculative future is harder to come by. Besides, there's a fair number of folks hereabouts that served in one or more of the conflicts I listed above so they've a particular interest.

As I say, just a hypothesis...

Best,

Jim

"Cyrano"

:/7)