Are Digital Only Preorders Coming???

Hi. I would love to save 10 bucks on Gustav Line, but the preorder is both digital download and mail. If I have it posted to me in Sweden I have to pay 27 bucks shipping. I in no way want a disk, but I don't have a choice now. Does any one know if we will be able to just preorder a digital download version?

As I read the tea leaves, Battlefront doesn't offer a pre-order on digital only as it sees no advantage to do so. Pre-orders on disks gives them some idea of how many disks to produce. I can understand Battlefront not wanting to do pre-order on digital only in return for a discount as they believe they can sell thier new products without a discount. Discounts are only available in bundles and older products. I think some customers however don't care about a pre-order discount and would like to pre-order in order to beat the crowd and download before the servers are swamped.

They never do pre order for Digital download only as you can buy it on the day it's released.

The discount is just for the hard goods not the digital download it's self.

With CMBN those that pre-ordered had a non trivial jump on anyone who wanted to order it on the day. I forget how long the lag time was but I was sad:-( With the following releases it got better but even last time their official policy was there would be 36 hour wait for those of us that did not pre-order. I was sad again :-). In the end it was much shorter than that and I was less sad :-|.

For the record; in principal I am OK with people who pre-ordered getting access ahead of everyone else. What makes me sad is that those of us that do *not* want hard good are not allowed be be part of the club.

My desire would be for BFC to either:

1. Allow us download only types to pre-order - so we can join the club
  2. Stop the advanced access for those that pre-order - so there is no special club that I cannot join

For the record; in principal I am OK with people who pre-ordered getting access ahead of everyone else. What makes me sad is that those of us that do *not* want hard good are not allowed be be part of the club.

Oh not to worry, some meathead who pre-ordered always comes on the forums and bleats out the URL, "Hey guys, look where I downloaded from!!!" and hoses up the experience for the rest of us, despite the fact that BFC states in the early warning email "Please don't post this URL."

My desire would be for BFC to either:

1. Allow us download only types to pre-order - so we can join the club
  2. Stop the advanced access for those that pre-order - so there is no special club that I cannot join

The problem is overload of the server and consequent slow down. If everybody jumps on it the first day or two, they might not get a DL at all. If the refresh monkeys would back off and consider whether their life truly depends on having the first day, and then voluntarily wait a few days for the demand to sort itself out, then artificial restrictions would not be necessary.

:cool:

But I suppose I might as well try to convince the rain not to fall...

:rolleyes:

Michael