How to setup a 15K points QB?

Maybe that's a silly issue but I can't find a way to setup a QB by points - the way it used to be done in CM1. Precisely I have a huge 2kmx2km map and want to play a 15k points PBEM QB. But in the setup phase there is no points option, just tiny, small medium ... huge. When I choose huge I obtain a 7200 points battle which is an unsufficient budget for such a big map. So what should I do to setup a 15K points battle? Thx in advance for your help.

And the opposite - the smallest "tiny" setting on the tiniest available map clocks in at about 1000 points, or a reinforced company per side.

I want to go a heck of a lot smaller than that, to just try things out in the new system.

Why is this hard? Why can't we just set point limits, why is one size supposed to fit all?

You cannot specify the number of points you want to play with directly. But you can use the QB system to enforce your budget of 15 000 points and then use the scenario editor to set it up. Check out the introductory posts of my current 20 000 point battle for the instructions I wrote:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=105660

I just checked. A 'huge' battle will get you six full companies of US infantry, two anti tank platoons and two pioneer platoon under standard rarity. If you want very much bigger or very much smaller battles there's the editor. You can constuct your own scenarios in any way you wish. 'Points' totals are superfluous in the scenario editor, no limits at all. There's a reason why they didn't call "Quickbattles" "Do Everything Imaginable Battles"

I can confirm that IanLeslie's method works perfectly.

And choosing the units can be a most enjoyable couple of days :)

When I played Undercovergeek on Ian's map, we used 12000 points which actually worked out as a very balanced force. We both reckoned that any points increase from that would simply add more armour to the force ( which might be good for some folk ;) )

It would, though, be helpful if BF showed the points while in the Editor, it would reduce the time it takes to create such a battle (>7200 points).

Thx guys for your input. And special thanks for Ian for creating such a detailed big battle setup guide. The only glitch is that you have to go through such a cumbersome setup procedure every time you want to play a >7200 points battle..