flak36 on-off map and air support

orgit

Hi,

1)Could you please tell me where I can find in the purchase screen (axies units)the Flak36 that can be put on or off map? I do not remember any more.Whatever flak I purchase there is not further option (on-off map);

2)One more thing,the air support is it always off-map?.

Thanks.

I´m not a senior but I hope I can help.

The on Map Flak36 is found under:

German Army: Infantry --> Flak Battery [heavy]

German Army: Armored Infantry --> Flak Battery [heavy]

German Army: Armor --> Flak Battery [heavy]

Waffen SS: Armored Infantry --> Flak Battery [heavy]

Waffen SS: Armor --> Flak Battery [heavy]

Luftwaffe: Infantry --> Flak Battery [heavy]

The off Map Flak36 is found under:

German Army: Artillery --> Flak Battery

Waffen SS: Artillery --> Flak Battery

Luftwaffe: Artillery --> Flak Battery

The 88mm Flak36 is a heavy strategic Flak against heavy bombers, there is no response on tactical light fighter bombers as they are used in close air support. The Flak36 is a way to slow for this fast airplanes. You would need some 20, 37 or 40mm Flak instead. The MG34 on tripod and the mg MG42 on tripod should also be able to fight agaist lower planes, but I´ve never seen them fire against some. So the Flak36 don´t attack airplanes.

Well,

this is not a good news, and in my opinion it is like having 50% of a game that is not doing a good impression against Battlefront (do not get a wrong conclusion I like very much CMBN).And I also hope that they are going to solve soon the matter as a free add-on.

Any way, many thanks for your reply.

Though they're there for purchase aircraft hardly appear in the Normandy title at all, this being a front line WWII combat sim. WWII is not exactly like modern war where a platoon leader gets to call in a Cobra gunship to put a missile into a particular window. Things like aircraft, hvy cruiser artillery and artillery rockets tend to unbalance gameplay so players often avoid them. Yes, they're 'cool' to use occassionally just to watch stuff blow up. But a player who likes to purchase lots of offshore hvy artillery and airpower tends to not be invited to play a second game. :)

Thanks for your reply.

I have never said that I like to purchase lots of off-map supports

I was a bit disappointed in not seeing the air support but just the strip of the bullets.I think it would have been amazing to see it.

I think that in any case aircrafts should have been added.If you make a map you should have the possibility to put it or not.If used with attention can be an add-on to the map.It is like scripting, in my opinion, it depends from the use that you do with them that makes the difference.

I do not know if there is a difficulty from a mechanics point of view but I would have preferred have it than not.:)

A Towed 20mm or 37mm that can been deployed for AAA-only use would be nice.

Allowing the dedicated AAA vehicles to function in a semi-abstracted way would also be a treat. The quad .50 Hannomag, the Whirblewind, etc.

Maybe have them track and fire, then a dice roll determines if you drive the airplane off, shoot it down, draw its attention, or have no effect for the next turn's fire. The trail of smoke leading off into the map-edge bitmap would be worth another 10 bucks to me. :) With the correct sound effect of course. Heck, have the plane pancake onto the AAA vehicle in a fit of revenge and I will applaud.

None of the large-calibre AAA should be allowed either on-map or as "off-map AAA". That IS outside the scope.

Good questions Dr.Fusselpulli.

I hope to see more discussions about it.

Of course I am not asking Battlefront to upset the mechanics and features of their game or to look at other games.CMBN is good as it is, but I do not see why we could not have a AAA (the right one not large-calibre of course) unit fight against a fighter, even if the latter can enter just few turns, I mean, I think that a good compromise between reality and game can be reached.

I would also like to have the possibility to land paratroopers behind enemy lines.Maybe It was not real?.I think it would open new tactics and enlarge the playability.

What do all of you think about it?.