how do you get the instant ending?

kohlenklau

Maybe I can't get my scenario to instantly end.

What I mean is I have a campaign scenario with Germans exiting as part pof the story and sometimes the turns just tick away with only allies on the map. Not so exciting.

I played a few other scenarios today "At another crossroads" and at a certain point, 4 minutes left to go and I was doing very well and boom, the scenario ended and it showed the results. Was this surrender of the enemy?

Anyone know how can I manipulate the objective types on both sides to try and force this to happen? I still want some German units to plan to exit.

Maybe I could keep a low morale unit behind and assign it a occupy objective. Maybe if it sees it is losing it goes ahead and throws in the towel?

I will experiment while I await some replies....

Maybe I can't get my scenario to instantly end.

What I mean is I have a campaign scenario with Germans exiting as part pof the story and sometimes the turns just tick away with only allies on the map. Not so exciting.

Have you tried to Cease Fire? If you're sure you've met all of your objectives and you you're sure that only Allies are on the map then you can safely Cease Fire. Save your progress before you do it, just in case.

I played a few other scenarios today "At another crossroads" and at a certain point, 4 minutes left to go and I was doing very well and boom, the scenario ended and it showed the results. Was this surrender of the enemy?

Most likely, yes. The enemy AI will surrender in some cases where it's global morale gets very low.

Have you tried to Cease Fire? If you're sure you've met all of your objectives and you you're sure that only Allies are on the map then you can safely Cease Fire. Save your progress before you do it, just in case.

Most likely, yes. The enemy AI will surrender in some cases where it's global morale gets very low.

I've also noticed that negative countdown clock and found it somewhat confusing as well. Pak40's suggestions worked for me.

1) I heartily concur with the suggestion to "Save" game before you Cease Fire.

2) In my experiences, the enemy AI surrendered when all objectives were lost, became unachievable, and remaining unit's morale failed.