Guns need more ammo.

Georgie

I'm making a huge scenario that will include extreme range engagements. The ranges will be up to 2500 or more yards. The battle will be four hours long. The loadout for the 88mm AT guns is only 13 ap rounds so these will get used up very fast and probably will last only 30 min or so of engagement. I could use Tigers with a 46 round AP and 46 round HE but the US and Brit tanks would not be able to dent the Tiger at 2500 yds and this will throw the balance off too much. Is there any way to increase the gun ammo load out?

Unfortunately, we do not have ammo crates.

It is something I have been asking for, but am not sure if it is on any list of improvements.

Your ATGs will not last long anyway if there are direct-fire mortars on the map. Once an 88mm lets one fly, its position is known. It is only a matter of time before smoke or HE comes calling.

You can work around long battle times by "teleporting" new guns onto the map as reinforcements, already set up and in positions.

-

Unfortunately, we do not have ammo crates.

It is something I have been asking for, but am not sure if it is on any list of improvements.

Your ATGs will not last long anyway if there are direct-fire mortars on the map. Once an 88mm lets one fly, its position is known. It is only a matter of time before smoke or HE comes calling.

You can work around long battle times by "teleporting" new guns onto the map as reinforcements, already set up and in positions.

-

Thanks Sgt Schultz , that's what I'll do. Hope the load out will be patched to be selective in the near future. Hope Hope.

You could also reduce scenario length and put the guns as reinforcements which will never arrive in the same location as the guns. the guns will share ammunition even if they are not there. so if you want that the guns arrive later you have to put them in a different location otherwise they will probably have no more ammunition when they span.

You could also reduce scenario length and put the guns as reinforcements which will never arrive in the same location as the guns. the guns will share ammunition even if they are not there. so if you want that the guns arrive later you have to put them in a different location otherwise they will probably have no more ammunition when they span.

Very interesting, might just work if I can get the time down to three hours, or just let the guns appear and take the chance that they won't have any ammo. Not very realistic to have them appear with no ammo but stranger things have happened. Ammo truck got strafed on the way in or ran out of fuel.

That is almost as good as ammo crates. Very useful info, thanks for sharing.

Remember the original combat mission beyond overlord your units would run out of ammo after 1 small heated exchange with the enemy. we have come along way but we still need Eisenhower to decide whether Monty or Patton is going to get the supplies and to release them. Scenarios should have the Red Ball Express going through them ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Ball_Express

There should be Jerrycans littered all over the battle field lol